Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2022, 02:57 PM   #16
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Right. Sorry I wasn't clearer in my description.

The Kindle apps for phones have two parts. One part is the reader app that you access from an icon on your screen. The other part is the Send to Kindle feature which is accessed from the operating system's standard "Share" menu. You'll see that if you share anything from your phone, even photos, music or contacts, Kindle is now an option. You'll just get an error message if you try sharing anything other than a file though.
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 01:17 PM   #17
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, it seems that now Amazon has correct the problem. If I send an EPUB via email (also with only the title as file name) my Kindle (with fw 5.15.1) shows the correct author’s name (that I think it is read from metadata) and cover

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 02:06 PM   #18
FacetiousKnave
Unconscionable
FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
Hi, it seems that now Amazon has correct the problem. If I send an EPUB via email (also with only the title as file name) my Kindle (with fw 5.15.1) shows the correct author’s name (that I think it is read from metadata) and cover

Stefano
Hi there, yes, I noticed that a couple days ago. It is at least a solution. But for those like me who use Calibre it would be a pain if this become the only way to display the correct info, since Calibre saves the files with the format "title - name (dot) epub".
FacetiousKnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 09:09 PM   #19
A Lurker
Connoisseur
A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post

Stefano
Yes, the author name seems to have been fixed, but now the title is messed up because it uses the file name rather than the title in the metadata.

This should be as easy workaround (change the file name to the title), but I have lots of book titles with colons (because they have subtitles). No way to add a colon to file name.

I tried using the Send to Kindle PC app. That does allow me to assign a title other than the file name, including using a colon, but it keeps converting the colons to underscores.
A Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, kindle, metadata, mobi, unknown