Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
noobingout
noobingout began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Text to speech broken after update?

I just got a Kindle 2 last week as a gift so I'm a bit new to it. Anyways, yesterday it apparently updated itself and now my text to speech feature doesn't work. I've tried it on books I got from Amazon, books I downloaded from elsewhere and pdf files and the option isn't showing up for anything. It was working just fine that morning and I was able to use the feature on several different books so I'm assuming it was the update.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how I can fix it?
noobingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Mine works just fine (version 2.5.2).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobingout View Post
I just got a Kindle 2 last week as a gift so I'm a bit new to it. Anyways, yesterday it apparently updated itself and now my text to speech feature doesn't work. I've tried it on books I got from Amazon, books I downloaded from elsewhere and pdf files and the option isn't showing up for anything. It was working just fine that morning and I was able to use the feature on several different books so I'm assuming it was the update.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how I can fix it?
Try restarting your Kindle. Home > Menu > Settings > Menu > Restart. After the restart test with a book you know worked with TTS before the update.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote