Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #2041
f-j-p
f-j-p began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
A round of updates! JB 0.10.N, SS 0.25.N, Fonts 4.9.N, USBNet 0.35.N

I'll do a quick recap of the changes, but check the detailed ChangeLogs for more info.

It's mostly 'under the hood' stuff, with an updated toolchain, and updated binaries & libraries everywhere, and a more powerful logging system.
Is it recommended to upgrade the existing hacks?

If yes, do I need to uninstall the previous ones first?

Thanks and regards,
f-j-p
f-j-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #2042
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@f-j-p:

Can't answer that for you, check the changelog, see if anything there is relevant to how you use the hacks.

Quote:
Here are general update instructions for these hacks:
  • First of all, in most cases, there's no need to touch the jailbreak again. You already installed it the first time you installed hacks. Just forget about it now .
  • Next, no need to run the update_*_uninstall.bin updates, ever. (except in some specific cases, like if you're updating the jailbreak on a 3.x device, or from another font/ss hack [in which case you should use the original uninstaller for your hacks, and not the ones found here]).
  • Then, you can apply the latest update_*_install.bin updates, one by one. You can safely chain both hacks installs.
  • After that, to make sure everything's in order, do a full Restart of your Kindle ([HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Restart), and you'll be good to go . Note that in some cases, especially for minor updates, this restart is not strictly necessary, but better be safe than sorry .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-19-2011 at 01:03 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #2043
mpaar
mpaar doesn't littermpaar doesn't litter

Device: none
OPINION?

Will it be possible to hack, jailbreak, remove ads, from the new Kindle Touch 3G?

mikeyp
mpaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #2044
greyTraveler
Enthusiast
greyTraveler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
@mpaar

See this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151537
greyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #2045
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
Quote:
@f-j-p:

Can't answer that for you, check the changelog, see if anything there is relevant to how you use the hacks.
Hello,
... but in the kindle-jailbreak-0.9.N there is not a uninstall for the 3.2.1 FW...so in the case that I want to update to Jailbreak 10??? or update the font hacks???

Thankss
ninki
ninki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #2046
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ninki: That's because there's no need for a specific uninstaller/installer on FW >= 3.2.1 once the Kindle is jailbroken.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #2047
ninki
Connoisseur

Quote:
@ninki: That's because there's no need for a specific uninstaller/installer on FW >= 3.2.1 once the Kindle is jailbroken.
Ok Iam trying to read first before ask but it get confusing so I apologize in advance..
so..
I have Jailbreak 9 for FW 3.2.1...
say I want to update to 3.3 FW ...and Update to Jailbreak 10 and then ...update to fonts i forgot the number...and the screensaver....

Do I need to uninstall anything to update things?... or update over update works fine?
Will the FW 3.3 update will work with jailbreak on??

Thanks and sorry about so many questions, its really gets confusing...
ninki
Old 10-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #2048
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ninki: Don't touch the jailbreak (there's nothing new you really need from 0.9.N to 0.10.N). Just update the other hacks by installing them on top without uninstalling them first. The 3.3 is safe to install with *these* hacks installed/enabled.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #2049
ninki
Connoisseur

Quote:
@ninki: Don't touch the jailbreak (there's nothing new you really need from 0.9.N to 0.10.N). Just update the other hacks by installing them on top without uninstalling them first. The 3.3 is safe to install with *these* hacks installed/enabled.
Ok, Ill do that. I just though that one needed to update the jailbreak
thank you very much...
Old 10-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #2050
grininja
grininja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3w
Is there a way that after the screensaver hack the pictures to be displayed as a slideshow? Or I'm stuck with just one until waking up?
(I tried an it seems there is no slideshow.)
grininja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #2051
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by grininja View Post
Is there a way that after the screensaver hack the pictures to be displayed as a slideshow? Or I'm stuck with just one until waking up?
(I tried an it seems there is no slideshow.)
There is no slideshow, only one shows until you wake it up. It's a power saving feature.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #2052
ninki
Connoisseur

Quote:
umm hello again..

update_reginfo_0.06 dosent work any ideas?

Jeez...you people move fast or my 44kps modem go sloww ...there is 0.07 now... on it

Last edited by ninki; 10-23-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #2053
P German
P German began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I believe I've followed the steps as outlined to use custom screensavers. Everything looks right. I've added several png files to the screensaver folder. Full reboot. Nothing seems to have changed. I've turned my Kindle on and off several times, like 20, and only see the advertisements. Kinda frustrating, I know its there, but it just doesn't come up.
P German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #2054
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by P German View Post
I believe I've followed the steps as outlined to use custom screensavers. Everything looks right. I've added several png files to the screensaver folder. Full reboot. Nothing seems to have changed. I've turned my Kindle on and off several times, like 20, and only see the advertisements. Kinda frustrating, I know its there, but it just doesn't come up.
The Sreensaver hack does not work on KSO's (I assume that's what you have?).... and I don't believe the authors of the hack intend to make one that does!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #2055
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ninki: Not supported, you're welcome to try to whitelist it, but you're on your own.

@P German:
Quote:
Note for Kindle Special Offers Users:
This doesn't, and won't ever, help you bypass something you agreed to (screensaver ads), so please stop asking.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet