Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #451
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nonetheless, you'll note they're affiliated with hugo and lefty here. that's a clear sign, as far as i'm concerned. even if they are possibly mercenary squirrels (maybe they're just there for the nuts).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #452
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I did not realize they were with the socks! It's all clear now!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #453
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I did not realize they were with the socks! It's all clear now!
well, they do *seem* to be fighting on the same side... of course, that could just be random luck, or coincidence, or accident. find out in the next episode ! same bat-time, same bat-channel !
Old 11-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #454
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Don't you mean random bat-time, same bat-channel? Ya hafta keep your set tuned in at all times, or you miss an episode or two!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #455
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
They're in it for the nuts. Just ask Miyatake.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #456
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
They're in it for the nuts. Just ask Miyatake.

Dear me.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #457
zelda_pinwheel

he'll be here all week.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #458
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harv got his feet under him and punched Fujimora in the gut. He would have tried for a head shot, but the gibbon was occupying most of that real estate, and he didn't like the look in the eyes of the primate.

Fujimora, deciding that collapsing in a heap was probably the fastest method of relieving his brain of the horror of the assault from the gibbon, did so.

Harv looked around. Vera was okay. The socks were backstroking across the lake and seemed okay. Adrian handed him a note and disappeared with a *pop*.

In horror, he saw Miyatake and the squid. And Miyatake with his hand in Vivaldi's collar.

"Well, Mr. Wallbanger, we seem to have an impasse, once again."

Last edited by pshrynk; 11-20-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #459
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow. marc is going to be sooooo happy !!!
Marc is do-do-doing...

Ah, my invisible, inadvertently violent friend... ~sigh~ they grow up so fast [wipes small, happy tear from cheek]. It almost makes me wish I could.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #460
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
The squid is calling his agent and complaining.
Ah... I guess that would be me.

Hello?

Yes? No, that wasn't the role I thought you were getting either. What? NOW? I suppose... let me see who's available... ok. But you're probably going to lose your signing bonus... fine.

fzzt-pop

The squid vanishes from Miyatake's hand, to be replaced with a rather irritated electric eel.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #461
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
The squid vanishes from Miyatake's hand, to be replaced with a rather irritated electric eel.

oh, NOW what is going to happen !!!

(cut to pshrynk, tearing his hair out over this unexpected plot twist, muttering "stupid unreliable cephalopods !! i had big plans for that squid !")
Old 11-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #462
pshrynk

Well, I did.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #463
pshrynk

"So, Mr. Wallbanger? What shall it be? Step away from the boat and allow me and my associate to go in peace? Or -- Holy Jeezus!" Miyatake dropped the squid, which had, for some reason, turned into an angry electic eel. The eel cast a dirty look over what would have been its shoulder, had it any, and slithered into the lake, swimming away.

"Oh, bugger this! This non-violence shtick has gone on long enough!" He reached into his pocket and pulled out the gun which would have been there if the squid hadn't been hired by accident.

Harv found that his gun had reappeared, as well. He pulled it from the holster.

Somewhere in Wisconsin, an aspiring writer, who really had had it with being a psychiatrist and just wanted to have a little fun with writing an action adventure story, screamed and pulled out his hair.

The two men stood in a face-off.

"Right," said Miyatake, "What now?"

Last edited by pshrynk; 11-21-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:50 AM   #464
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Oh man.... you just HAVE to compile this into an ebook once it's done! I'll take mine in PRC format thank you very much!

But what the heck happened to the pirate ninja squirrels?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:51 AM   #465
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(cut to pshrynk, tearing his hair out over this unexpected plot twist, muttering "stupid unreliable cephalopods !! i had big plans for that squid !")
Quote:
Well, I did.
i hope you'll publish the outtakes so we can find out what *would* have happened.
Quote:
Somewhere in Wisconsin, an aspiring writer, who really had had it with being a psychiatrist and just wanted to have a little fun with writing an action adventure story, screamed and pulled out his hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Oh man.... you just HAVE to compile this into an ebook once it's done! I'll take mine in PRC format thank you very much!

But what the heck happened to the pirate ninja squirrels?
inquiring minds want to know !!!

(no chance of continuity problems or unwrapped-up loose ends when the story is unfolding in real time in Teh Lounge. just call us The Observers.)

oh, and : epub for me, please.

Tags
birth of the cool, farking and lower farking, hugo and lefty, liseuse, ongoing saga, saga, screaming mad adrian, the birth of the cool, the goose, unutterable silliness, vera