Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 AM   #1
sunny109
sunny109 began at the beginning.

Device: NOTHING
Exclamation Conversion gone horribly wrong?

I've converted my html files to .mobi and ePub just fine before, but after updating the file and trying to convert it again in Calibre, I'm met with a bunch of gibberish:

I don't know if it's that my html file is bad or what....but I don't understand as it worked perfectly before and the only thing that changed was correction to some of the paragraphs. Please help.
sunny109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Is it possible that the file you converted wasn't html but really a word doc?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
sunny109

It was an html, since it doesn't even let me convert with a doc, but after downloading the update 0.9.19, it seems to work. Very strange.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny109 View Post
It was an html, since it doesn't even let me convert with a doc, but after downloading the update 0.9.19, it seems to work. Very strange.
If you reopened (and saved) the file with Word, it may have tried to revert to DOC internally. If you can work in Code View, Only open HTML files with a HTML friendly editor like Notepad++ (or plain old Notepad)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
sunny109

Thanks, I'll remember that next time.