Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
alkadmzu
alkadmzu began at the beginning.

Device: PALM TX
"Warning" problems with Creator

Hi,

I joined today hoping someone will be able to help me resolving the problem I'm having with this software. Any file (html, doc or rtf) I'm trying to convert into a MobiReader file gives me the same "warnings" at the end of the "Build" process :

Warning (prcgen) : image file not found C:\...... (path) .....\ imagename.jpg or gif

When I'm checking the path, the images are THERE !

Opening the HTML file in the path evrything is fine; the images are shown.
Transfering the PRC file to me Palm TX they don't appear.....

Where does this error come from - What should I do?
TIA
alkadmzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
SeaWolf
Connoisseur
SeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Try shortening the path, I'm guessing you're probably using a long pathname, try putting everything in something like C:\Temp and working from there and seeing if it handles that more easily.
SeaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
When you import a HTML into MobiPocket Creator it makes a copy of the file in its own directory. The images are probably referenced relative to the file location, so you need to move them too. If they are in the same directory as the original HTML, just add them to the ebook using Creator's "Add File (Item)" option. If they are in a subdirectory (e.g. images/0001.jpg) you will have to find the directory that Creator is using and make a copy of the original images directory there yourself.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
alkadmzu

Thank you for your answers.

Seawolf, I tried a shortened pathway but it doesn't work any better.

Wallcraft, my problem mainly comes when I try to convert .doc files. I tried your solution after converting it into an html file and put the images into the right path. Unfortunately it doesn't work. When I'm trying to do it from original .html files, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.....So I really wonder where the problem comes from.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Move or copy your image files to the folder MobiCreator makes, it's usually in My Publications. I have to do that with every book that contains images.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:38 AM   #6
alkadmzu

Thanks for your advice TallMomof2. I've already done it, but unfortunately it doesn't work ! I extracted the images from .doc files using photoshop and transfered the to mobicreator path where they weren't "recognized".
Old 07-15-2008, 07:39 AM   #7
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Do they have the correct name? If you are 'looking' for cover.jpg and there is only a cover.gif in the directory you will get the warning. I'm asking this because you were using Photoshop to extract hem. So you can save them in any format and with any name you like

Last edited by Ortep; 07-15-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote