Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:40 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Get a Sony Reader for (probably) less than $200

I was going to sell these on Ebay, but I decided to be at least slightly socially responsible and offer them here first.

This offer is only open to people outside the USA. I have 5 Readers to sell. I am asking for $150 plus the cost of shipping. If you want one, please post here and send me a PM or email with your shipping info. I will reply with the shipping cost.

So far I have PMs from one person, bandsaw. Everyone else will need to form a line behind him.

http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tra...X2360386647369
Old 07-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
fryandlaurie
fryandlaurie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Hi Nate,

I'd be interested. Sent you a PM.
Advert
Old 07-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nate, did you purchase them from TigerDirect?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nate, did you purchase them from TigerDirect?
Yes, I did.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:24 AM   #5
altan
altan began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 770
I would be interested. Missed it on Tiger.
Advert
Old 07-08-2007, 03:29 AM   #6
silverman
silverman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi

I'd be interested. Sent you a PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great
I have no problem with caution on your part. The Sony Readers in question are part of the 4 July sale you may have heard about on this forum. They are supposed to be brand new. I expect to receive them on Wednesday this week. I will email you a photo as soon as they arrive.

You _can_ get the Connect store credit if you register the Reader, and then lie about being in the US. There is a recent topic on the forum.

According to the USPS website, the shipping cost to Germany is about $40 for a shipping time of 3 to 5 days with insurance and a tracking number.

Frankly, I _prefer_ Paypal over wire transfer. Send a message to my Ebay name, and I will reply to your email to confirm my identity.
Ebay: *****
email: *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryandlaurie
Hi Nate,

i would be interested in buying one of those Sony Readers that you want to sell. I live in Paderborn, Germany.

- how much would shipping be for that destination?
- would the reader be unused/brand new and does it come with a Connect store credit?
- would you accept a PayPal payment?
- as this purchase would be based solely on trust, would you be willing to give me some more information about you(maybe an Ebay-ID) and send me a picture of those five Readers when they arrive? Please do not take this the wrong way but sending a rather large amount of money to a complete stranger makes me slightly nervous ;-)

Cheers,
Volker
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #8
Sebarry
Sebarry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Still got any left?

I would be interested. How well does it read PDF and compiled help files like those that can be downloaded from mininova.org?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebarry View Post
I would be interested. How well does it read PDF and compiled help files like those that can be downloaded from mininova.org?
I don't know. I don't have one yet. You should ask over in the Sony Reader forum.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #10
Sebarry
Sebarry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
do you have any left that you are selling?

do you have any left that you are selling?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

If all the people who have asked so far follow through and pay, then no.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
spartman
spartman began at the beginning.

Device: palm sj33
Paid for mine !! I can't wait!! Now to think of what to tell my wife............
Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #13
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Could you please tell us if the offer still stands or if you've sold all of them.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenien View Post
Could you please tell us if the offer still stands or if you've sold all of them.

Thanks
Two have not yet paid, so they might back out. I expect both will follow through and pay.

They would be pretty silly not to buy the Reader; they go for almost $225 plus shipping on Ebay.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:54 AM   #15
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Probably in vain, but hereby I join the queue.
Closed Thread