Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading
trksh22 is on a distinguished road

Device: K2
Red face Kindle Keyboard 3G or wifi

NEVERMIND, I FOUND ONE!

Hi! I have been a member here for a while, though I rarely post. I read the rules and I know I don't have the minimum 50 posts, but I have been a member for about 2 years.

Yesterday my Kindle fell off the counter and broke the screen I was able to hook it up to my computer and get my books and notes off of it. Now, I just need a Kindle to replace it!

I am hoping to buy Kindle Keyboard 3G. My old Kindle was a K2, which I really loved. If I can't get 3G I wouldn't mind wifi. I don't care if it is special offers. Would be nice if it came with a case. I just want a Kindle again... I would like to stay under $80 depending on what's included, please and thank you.

P.S. I am also posting a wtb in Kindle boards (am I allowed to mention them)? ONLY to these two boards. Same user name. You can also check my feedback on Ebay, I'm a (sporadic) buyer only. Thanks in advance and sorry it's so wordy.

Last edited by trksh22; 08-27-2012 at 09:44 PM.
trksh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Not an offer to sell, but a strong suggestion to call Kindle Customer Support. In a similar scenario with an out of warranty Kindle, we were offered a replacement for 50% of the current price. Given that yours is a K2, they'll likely give you a really good deal on upgrading to a K3 or later.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading
trksh22 is on a distinguished road

Device: K2
Thank you I ended up buying one from the other board and have been playing around with it for most of the day. I have been out of warranty for about 2 to 3 years and Amazon still offered me a discount when I called in, which I thought was amazing. Unfortunately, they didn't have what I needed. I take a lot of notes and need the physical keyboard. They no longer make and sell the K2 and they didn't have any k3s in stock. I was told they were phasing those out as well. Luckily, a nice lady replied to my thread on the other board. I was able to get a case as well with the less than 2 month old Kindle. I am very happy! Thanks for the encouragement!!
trksh22 is offline   Reply With Quote