Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #91
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
In Ohio, any public library that takes state money as part of its budget has to allow any Ohio resident to get a library card.
Pennsylvania works similarly.

Overdrive eBooks are at the county level, at least in Philadelphia, Delaware, and Montgomery. If you go to the web site of your local library, and click on eBooks, you go to a county site. The same book in different counties seems like it can be either a 14 or 21 day loan.

Now where did I put my Pittsburgh card?

The standard loan period for Montgomery County eBooks seems to be 14 days -- whereas it is 28 days at the physical central library. This is a bit of a bummer as I like to read several books at once, not to mention the newspapers I get via Calibre. I am now reading a long Kindle eBook (Bloodlands by Timothy Snyder) I found on 21 day loan at Philadelphia's site.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #92
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Go to Free Library of Philadelphia's website here. Check the "new" button where it says "Reason for Registration," press Next, and then you'll be given these choices:

I live, work, go to school, or pay taxes in the city of Philadelphia
I am 65 years old or older
I have an Access PA sticker from another Pennsylvania library
I am a veteran or member of the Armed Services
none of the above

Choose the applicable category and there are just a few more screens where you'll enter your information. It's easy! They'll send your library card in the mail, and it takes 5 to 10 days.
Hubby is all signed up now!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #93
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
As I mentioned in my earlier post, U.S. veterans and active duty can get a free library card from the Free Library of Philadelphia. You don't have to be a Pennsylvania resident. Being a senior (65+) also qualifies for a free card.

Army, Navy, and Air Force libraries also have access to OverDrive. Here's a link to search for libaries with OverDrive accounts: http://search.overdrive.com/classic/.
Thanks for that. My husband is 65+. Just signed him up.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #94
Rockbobster
Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Rockbobster knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Handspring Visor, Vtech Helio, Dell Axim x50v, Jetbook Lite, HTC Eris
My local library uses Overdrive for online lending, and they do have titles available for the Kindle. Of the top 20 titles, 14 are available in Kindle format.
Rockbobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
There is another positive for this I realized today. There have been a few PDFs I checked out in the past that looked horrible on my reader and I didn't read them so I went and checked and yep they now have a Kindle format of those books
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #96
chevochin
chevochin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey iam new to this sites
chevochin is offline   Reply With Quote