Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
chris1234
chris1234 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Individual Instapaper articles

Hi,

I use Calibre to sync my DX with Instapaper.

However, it drives me nuts to have all my bookmarked articles put into one file.

How do I get Calibre (or Instapaper?) to create a separate file for each article?

Thanks,
Chris
chris1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I don't know if there's a way to do that. But just to let you know, if you press the 5-way, (at least on my K3), you can access the entire article list, so it's sort of like a collection...
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
if you press the 5-way, (at least on my K3), you can access the entire article list, so it's sort of like a collection...
You can also move the 5-way to the left or right to go to the previous or next article in the list.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
is there any way to rename the files Instapaper generates? seeing Instapaper with a date on my Home screen isn't very helpful for organisation

when i collect articles about visiting France, say, I'd like to call the Instapaper collection 'France'
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
is there any way to rename the files Instapaper generates?
Yes, you can do that in Calibre. I do it every time I download from Instapaper.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Yes, you can do that in Calibre. I do it every time I download from Instapaper.
thanks for that tip...would rather not use calibre but at least it solves my problem
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #7
chris1234
chris1234 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Thanks guys. The reason I use separate files for articles is that I delete an article once I'm done with it. Articles are organized by date and title. I can see progress just by looking at the Kindle home screen. I really don't want to deal with another article list in the Instapaper/Caliber file.

Thanks!

Chris
chris1234 is offline   Reply With Quote