Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
jorghe
jorghe began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912
912 "joystick" left button problem

I'm experiencing a problem with the left button on my Pocketbook 912 "joystick". When i click it, the battery led always blinks but often nothing happen on the device. Up, down and right work perfectly. Does anyone have the same issues and solved it?
jorghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
What have you set under Configuration -> Key mapping? Maybe sometimes this feature (I guess it's "back" in the default) doesn't exist. And do you have the same problems if you do a long press/hold?
If it is a mechanical problem and the key doesn't function properly I'm afraid you have to send the device back.

And, welcome to the forum!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
jorghe

I've already checked the configuration. I've also switched the functions (left goes right, and viceversa), but nothing. Hopefully it was under warranty, so I've returned it and now I'm waiting for a brand new device!

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorghe View Post
I've already checked the configuration. I've also switched the functions (left goes right, and viceversa), but nothing. Hopefully it was under warranty, so I've returned it and now I'm waiting for a brand new device!

Thanks!
where is your local service? I also had a problem with a button on a new device, and it was replaced without quibbles!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
jorghe

I bought it in a bookstore in Italy. It's a quite good deal, because it is a PocketBook Pro 912 for 199€ (rebranded with a logo on the front and a custom firmware). They changed my device with a new one. I've waited a week because in August the stock is poor.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I bought it in a bookstore in Italy. It's a quite good deal, because it is a PocketBook Pro 912 for 199€ (rebranded with a logo on the front and a custom firmware). They changed my device with a new one. I've waited a week because in August the stock is poor.
199€???
that's quite something! and how about the firmware? have you tried to compare the custom version with the pocketbook one? I am particularly curious about note-taking and internet browsing.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
jorghe

Well, the custom firmware seems to be a little poorer that the standard one. For example with that one you can browse the Internet only with a little trick (you must upload an html file with a hyperlink and then click it), because a link to the browser in menus is missing.
Note taking seems to be a little messy, I don't like it too much, and indeed I'm not interested in it.
When the warranty will expire, I'm going to try to install one of custom firmware I saw in this forum. The hardware seems to be exactly the same, so I think that it can be done.
If you have some questions feel free to ask, also via PM if you preferer. I can manage to buy one for you and send it to UK.

PS: the firmware have both italian and english languages.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
paola
Wizard

Jorghe, many thanks - so I won't be tempted to try the Italian firmware version
Quote:
When the warranty will expire, I'm going to try to install one of custom firmware I saw in this forum. The hardware seems to be exactly the same, so I think that it can be done.
It has been done for the 60X models (see here), so it should work with the 912 too I guess.

Quote:
I can manage to buy one for you and send it to UK.
That is extremely kind of you! But as I am Italian and do go over to visit my family every now and then, and also for work, getting it in Italy would not be a problem - the problem is that I have already got a 903
It is still behaving as it should almost two years on, so touch wood I won't be needing a replacement anytiem soon - if I do, though, now I know where to find it!