Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #91
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Has anybody else had success with k2pdfopt on a kobo touch?
Computer says: "No" <-- CLICK ME

Seems like it's no fun for the kobocrew

The thrust of that thread says "flaky support for pdf" - which ambles around to: "Use Calibre to do some stuff then convert again" - I would suggest playing with the settings in calibre to "pre-format" may have some value, but it is absolutely impossible to tell, k2toPDF already has a whole range of options that may - or may not - fix things.

Heck, I'm not even certain you were asking about RTL support never mind if this will fix your unseen documents truncations. HTH anyways

Last edited by twobob; 07-21-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: made the link REALLY OBVIOUS
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #92
colateral
colateral began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Exclamation

where is my post ???
colateral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #93
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by colateral View Post
where is my post ???

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=84

84 mate
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #94
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by colateral View Post
where is my post ???
This is a really good example to prove that we really need a good index (even for threads itself)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #95
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
This is a really good example to prove that we really need a good index (even for threads itself)
Huh? It appears that his "where is my post?" post was only 5 posts after his post in question on the same page. He just needed to use the vertical scroll bar to find it.

How could indexing have solved THAT problem? And was his post worthy of being in the index wikis without burying important stuff in the clutter?

@thomass: How do you propose that his "missing post" should be indexed (if at all)? What makes this a "really good example"? I am curious. Please answer these questions. Thanks.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-22-2012 at 07:44 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #96
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Huh? @thomass: How do you propose that his "missing post" should be indexed (if at all)?.
this is totally a joke
Quote:
That was meant to be a humorous (funny / comedy) comment. Humor often does not translate well to other cultures.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #97
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
this is totally a joke

Well *I* missed the point of that joke (and I still do ). A lot of people miss the point of a lot of my humor too, so perhaps it is good that we do not try to be professional comedians, eh? But still, it is worth the effort if only one person smile (i.e. yourself). Laughter is claimed (scientifically) to make you live longer.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-22-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #98
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
What makes this a "really good example"? I am curious. Please answer these questions.
Although it has some truth in it:
Spoiler:
This post proved that sometimes newbies cannot find even "their own posts" on "the same page" of "the same thread". Hence we need a good guide for the "useful post and threads" to lead people with the best efficiency. ( if this not make any sense just ignore, this is the best I could to explain myself)

...what I really mean is a joke ( with a small portion of irony )

EDIT: sorry for the repetition
Old 07-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #99
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
In this case, the posts where (are) indexed.
The new user had only made 1 post.
He could have used his control panel to look up what posts he had made and go there.

I think the key phrase there was: "new user".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #100
geekmaster

Quote:
...This post proved that sometimes newbies cannot find even "their own posts" on "the same page" of "the same thread". Hence we need a good guide for the "useful post and threads" to lead people with the best efficiency. ( if this not make any sense just ignore, this is the best I could to explain myself)...
Or we need instructions that explain how to use their web browser vertical scroll bar. Oh yeah... that is BUILT INTO the browser (Help Menu). Maybe we need to provide instruction on how to use a mouse and what parts of the menu bar to click or drag?

This is a kindle developer's corner forum, and we try to focus on kindle development ideas and issues, hopefully avoiding off-topic lessons in basic computer skills.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #101
RefUser
himself
RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PRS-T1,Nokia N900
Is there any chance to get an ARM build (for linux)?
RefUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #102
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefUser View Post
Is there any chance to get an ARM build (for linux)?
If you read the first few posts of this thread, you will see that The OP is just a Kindle user. For changes to the program such as you request, you need to contact the author of the program at willus.com (links in the first post).
Old 07-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #103
RefUser
himself
RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

What about the first post? It was not posted by willus himself and he did answer a lot of questions in this thread.
Finally, I asked here (and not via mail to the author), because I also wanted to see, whether other users are also interested in such a port.

Last edited by RefUser; 07-29-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #104
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefUser View Post
What about the first post? It was not posted by willus himself and he did answer a lot of questions in this thread.
Finally, I asked here (and not via mail to the author), because I also wanted to see, whether other users are also interested in such a port.
Your reply is just silly. You do want people to take you seriously, right?

How do you port something without source code? Interest alone is not enough. Any port is much more likely to happen if you ask at the willus.com website linked in the first post here? What about the first post? What NOT about the first post? You need to go to the source.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-29-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 AM   #105
RefUser
himself

Quote:
Your reply is just silly. You do want people to take you seriously, right?

How do you port something without source code? Interest alone is not enough. Any port is much more likely to happen if you ask at the willus.com website linked in the first post here? What about the first post? What NOT about the first post? You need to go to the source.
You may call me silly (or at least my question here), but I still see this thread as a possibility to ask willus, since he answered some questions and announced the last releases here and I don't need an answer tomorrow. If he goes by in a month or two, it's perfectly fine.

In addition, interest of a lot of people could be a reason for someone interested in F/OSS (see his website) to release the source code.
Using the dual-licensed mupdf (see changelog) the code can be quite useful for some pdf readers, but even studying it and writing an export option for e.g. evince or okular could be easier than a fresh start.

How shall I know, whether I'm the only one interested in such a port (and/or a source code release) without asking in public?

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools