Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
NineOne
NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Bottom line of page cut in half since 1.9.10?

I've noticed since I upgraded to 1.9.10 last night that the bottom line of a bunch of my pages is being cut in half. It's happening in all of my books (ones that were fine before), but not on every page.

It's very frustrating. I've tried playing around with font, size, and margin spacing and it still happens. Any ideas?
It looks as though all of the text has been shifted down the page. I can't possibly imagine what reason they had for doing this.

I'm using Calibre sideloaded books.
NineOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
hadaad
hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

There's other threads that talk about this, but the tl;dr is that if you change a font setting and then change it back, the ePub should show correctly for the rest of your reading session. I don't know what a reading session looks like, but I did the font resize and it's held for my current book for three or four days. I only put my kobo to sleep, though, I don't turn it off.
hadaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It's fixed in the beta currently being tested.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
hadaad
hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hadaad knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
How would one get in on beta testing for the kobo? I'm a willing participant.
hadaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
NineOne
NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NineOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It strikes me that half the posts in this forum stem from an apparent lack of beta testing. Is it possible that the testers constantly miss the glaring problem in each update? Or is the testing pool just entirely too small?

I wonder what issue will be posted about within 45minutes of the next update.
NineOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
the problem is more likely due to the vast variety in the quality of the epubs being tested. Since people get their epubs from a variety of sources, some of which are converted from other formats there are lots of file specfic issues that only show up occasionaly and may not be caputured by the beta group. the line being cut off is a good example I read 4 books as part of the beta group and did not come accross this problem. recently I had one book that demonstrated this issue. Not sure how big the beta group is but I do know that alot of books get looked at during a beta test and alot of issues show up and are fixed before you even see a release.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
We never had a Beta test for 1.9.10. So nobody couldn't notice it.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
I realize that but even after upgrading to 1.9.10 I didnt notice it until the most recent book
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote