Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast
kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle 3wifi
A calculator for kindle

Here is my calculator for kindle 3, signed with the keys from Snake kindlet http://code.google.com/p/snake-game-kindlet/. so if you've already installed this game, you don't need to worry about the signature problem.

To install:
1. download the attachment
2. unzip it, you'll see two files: kcalc.azw2 and developer.keystore.
connect your kindle to your computer with usb cable, copy kcalc.azw2 to the directory "documents"
copy developer.keystore to /var/local/java/keystore/, if you didn't installed it before
3. unplug your kindle from your computer, you'll see "Kalculator" at your home page.

To compile:
1. install python
2. path_to_your_python waf configure
3. path_to_your_python waf build
the binary would be sitting build/
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 Kalc-0.0.2.tar.bz2 (627.1 KB, 1184 views)
File Type: zip Kalculator-0.0.2.zip (34.9 KB, 2255 views)

Last edited by kindle3zeng; 12-16-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Update source file
kindle3zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I will give it a try in a bit.

Does one need the snake installed to install this? Or just those two files where you said?
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:20 AM   #3
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast
kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
I will give it a try in a bit.

Does one need the snake installed to install this? Or just those two files where you said?
No, snake is not needed, just the two files attached, and one of them is from the snake game, so if you've already installed snake game, it saves you a step.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
TSV
TSV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
cool aplication!
TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast

here's an updated version:
Now, multiline input is not allowed and "enter" will invoke calculation directly.

A screenshot is also attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-65275.gif
Views:	3810
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	63617  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kalculator-0.0.2.zip (34.9 KB, 1164 views)
Old 12-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle3zeng View Post
[snip]

signed with the keys from Snake kindlet http://code.google.com/p/snake-game-kindlet/. so if you've already installed this game, you don't need to worry about the signature problem.

[snip]
... But the kindlet KTERM is signed with a different developer key... Help : is there a way to merge the two developer keys in the same developer.keystore file? Or do you absolutely need to swap from one another prior to launching the respective kindlet?
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #7
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
... But the kindlet KTERM is signed with a different developer key... Help : is there a way to merge the two developer keys in the same developer.keystore file? Or do you absolutely need to swap from one another prior to launching the respective kindlet?
Finally, I got two combined, and I tested it on my Kindle 3.

Here is the combined keystore

Happy New Year!
Attached Files
File Type: zip developer.zip (3.6 KB, 973 views)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sincere thanks and Happy New Year too kindle3zeng. It works as a charm.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Well, I was finally going to play with this but I guess I need some usb-xxxx hack that I have no idea about at the moment. I cannot get to that folder where the developer-store file is suppose to go.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
G.T.
G.T. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
One question ... how can I find /var/local/java/keystore/ ?
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #11
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.T. View Post
One question ... how can I find /var/local/java/keystore/ ?
You need to jailbreak it and install USBnetwork. and then ssh into your kindle to find /var/local/java/keystore/
Old 04-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #12
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
deleted

Last edited by thomass; 04-24-2011 at 10:15 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #13
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle3zeng View Post
Finally, I got two combined, and I tested it on my Kindle 3.

Here is the combined keystore

Happy New Year!
how can I do this for another one? (on windows) ie, I installed Kindlenote before this and it is not working now....
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=Kindlenote
could you combine this, too?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #14
PoP

Here is my keystore where I merged all the previous keys (of developers in this forum, up to april 14) with the command:

Code:
keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore developer-to-import.keystore -destkeystore developer.keystore
developer.keystore.zip
Old 04-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #15
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Here is my keystore where I merged all the previous keys (of developers in this forum, up to april 14) with the command:

Code:
keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore developer-to-import.keystore -destkeystore developer.keystore
Attachment 70415
thanks, there should be like that on page https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128704

you should post this on this page, too

alternatively you may open a new thread for this, then send a link to this page.