Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #7576
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
lol it's da truth
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #7577
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Every time I try to make home-made soup, my wife thinks I'm trying to summon demons...

It used to be difficult to summon demons... Fillet of a fenny snake, in the cauldron boil and bake; eye of newt, and toe of frog, wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, lizard's leg, and howlet's wing weren't easy things to come by when you live in a modern city. But I solved the problem. I can now get them all in one convenient package. It's called
Spoiler:

Stitchawl

And then there's Futureama. This is from the 5th show of the 1st season: "Fear of a Bot Planet" (1999).

Dr. Zoidberg: I'll have some squid log.
Ball park food vendor: Sorry, we don't serve that.
Dr. Zoidberg: Fine, then I'll have one of your young on a roll.
Ball park food vendor: We don't serve rolls.
Dr. Zoidberg: Fine, just give me something crawling with parasites.
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Futureama hotdog 2.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	119919
(Click to enlarge.)
Fry: At least hot dogs haven't changed.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #7578
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
lol it's da truth
I think they changed the recipe in 2008, removing the wool of bat and switching from tongue of dog to tongue of goat. It's just not the same any more.

Damn that SPCA.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #7579
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
[QUOTE=WT Sharpe;2780470]

And then there's Futureama. This is from the 5th show of the 1st season: "Fear of a Bot Planet" (1999).

Dr. Zoidberg: I'll have some squid log.
Ball park food vendor: Sorry, we don't serve that.
Dr. Zoidberg: Fine, then I'll have one of your young on a roll.
Ball park food vendor: We don't serve rolls.
Dr. Zoidberg: Fine, just give me something crawling with parasites.

Furture? That sounds like just about every street vendor's cart around here. I refuse to ask what I'm eating until after I finish it. I know that if they tell me what it is, I won't put it anywhere near my mouth.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #7580
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #7581
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

lol like father like son
Old 03-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #7582
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Hebrew - a nanosecond from turning into a loogie.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #7583
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

I don't get it...
Old 03-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #7584
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Hebrew - a nanosecond from turning into a loogie.
Quote:
I don't get it...

It's an extremely guttural language. Lots of sounds from deep in the throat.

Stitchawl
Old 03-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #7585
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

still don't get it... maybe knowing what a loogie is would be help full
Old 03-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #7586
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
still don't get it... maybe knowing what a loogie is would be help full
Phlegm.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #7587
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Why I can't be a veterinarian.

Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #7588
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Phlegm.
I tried to write that but my spell checker couldn't figure out what I was trying to say...

Stitchawl
Old 03-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #7589
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

lol is that your joke?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #7590
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I tried to write that but my spell checker couldn't figure out what I was trying to say...
Stitchawl
Quote:
lol is that your joke?

Unfortunately, it's my grim reality.
In my schooling history, I've failed six languages simply because of spelling. Vocab... no problem. Grammar... no problem... Spelling... BIG problem. I would have failed more but the other languages I've studied were recreational, and didn't come with a testing requirement.

My spelling is so bad, that only the very best spell checkers can keep up with me...