Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
riksaga
riksaga began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
command line vs gui db update discrepancy -maybe?

Hi,

Wasn't sure where to post my issue.

Im running calibre 0.8.83 on ubuntu 12.04 lts.

I wanted a headless calibre server so I added the following script while calibre-server -- daemon runs in the background.

The script appears to run without error and downloads & produces the correct files and the server updates.

#!/bin/bash
cd "/home/user/Calibre Library/calibre/"
ebook-convert "Associated Press.recipe" "Associated Press.epub"
calibredb add -r "/home/user/Calibre Library/calibre/"

Issues.
1. My ereader says the epubs are xml. The files display in web browser as xml

2. I noticed a copy of the epub files, without a descriptive folder are left in /Home/user/Calibre Library/calibre/ however When the calibredb -add is run a proper folder with the epub file in it is created.
- changed the download directory but then calibredb -add cannot find the epub files and the folder+epub is not created.

3. Leaving a copy of the epub file in the ~/calibre library/calibre/ I kill the calibre-server, start the gui server, kill the gui, and start calibre-server and the files are now published as proper epub files.

The epubs are correct and the gui points the server at the epubs. Any idea why the command line server points to xml files instead of the epubs?

any help is appreciated
riksaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) Dont use the distro provided calibre package, use the official binary
2) Dont create files inside your calibre library, create them in a temp folder, add them using calibredb add and then delete the temp folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
command line, gui, updatedb, xml