Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
stevenc
stevenc began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Do the new Kindle Fires play embedded video in e-books?

Hi,

Can anyone with a new Kindle Fire tell me if they play embedded video in mobi files? I'm doubtful since it wasn't stated in the announcement, but it would be quite welcome if video in Kindle e-books could be watched on the new Fires and not just through the iOS app.

Thanks,
Steve
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I don't think there are any reading apps that play embedded video on Android. I think I read it's an Android limitation (maybe just with older versions). I expected to see this when Fire shipped, but here we are a year later..

That said, I don't think having embedded video is all that great an enhancement, at least in the books I've read on iOS. Just makes the files a lot bigger.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
stevenc
stevenc began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks, Tomsem. It is frustrating that the Kindle Fires can play streaming video and can play embedded video from a HTML file but not from a mobi file.

(I agree that most of the time embedded video isn't a great enhancement.)
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote