Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Dystopian YA books by Indie Authors

Hi! I am looking for dystopian YA books (like the Hunger Games and Divergent), but by Indie (self-published) authors. I'd love some suggestions. Thanks!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I saw this post on the kindle boards, too. It would be helpful if you told us why you're looking for them. Are you putting together a list? Working on a research paper? Looking for more books that you intend to read for personal enjoyment?

Dystopian YA is such a broad category, it's a bit hard to know what you're after.

Can't think of any indie dystopias off the top of my head. A couple of traditionally-published ones:

The White Mountains trilogy by John Christopher
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
A Coming of Age by Timothy Zahn
Logan's Run by William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi, Nancy. I am looking for just what I said in the first post ... indie books similar to the Hunger Games etc. Just indie books please.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
lectus
lectus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Try this one

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12606631-broken-city
lectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
~Kate
Connoisseur
~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Fire HDX 8.9, Nexus 7 2013
Not limited to YA, but I highly recommend "Wool" published by Hugh Howey

It is discussed a few threads down.
~Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert