Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
zer0aster
zer0aster began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Nook Simple Touch
Looking for a password screen lock/unlock solution

Now I've got my Touch acting like a tablet with Android, and installing lots of good stuff like Lastpass and Gnotes which give access to personal data, I'd really like a good password protected screen lock. Please, anyone solved this?

The closest I've got is installing ADW theme which has a setting that password protects all apps. So that means when I start an app it asks for a password. But that can get a bit of a pain.
zer0aster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
zer0aster

I guess no one is terribly interested in securing their NST? Or am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Anyway, I have ditched the ADW theme, and in its place I have the Launcher 8 theme (Free or Pro) which has an integrated locking system that protects the Nook with a password.

Also, even though I loathe Windows 8, the theme works really well on a Nook Simple Touch as all the panel icons have just the right contrast.
Advert
Old 08-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I should think that would be the responsibility of the app that has personal info. Which shouldn't be randomly assuming that people will separately install something to password protect your stuff.

Lastpass at least should offer the option to require signing in with your master password after a configurable span of inactivity -- like I know they do in the browser plugin.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #4
zer0aster

Lastpass does. So does Evernote (premium).

I guess I am just after, and think I have now got, the kind of password protection I would expect on an Android device that protects it from casual attention. Nothing to stop someone ejecting my SD card and plundering it of course.

Card/folder encryption probably another thread!