Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #1111
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by oji View Post
And little bugreport. With the latest patch (and without) when reading PDF in ladnscape mode, in scroll mode, there is an error of dotted line placement — sometimes it just disappears, somtimes placed incorrectly & only in a rare cases it's just where i've done reading on the previous page.
The dotted line marks the area of the second half of the page that overlaps the first half of the page. The common area if you want to call it so.
Depending on the zoom level that might be bigger, smaller or nonexistent

For a regular document (letter format) , reading in landscape mode (the reader not the document) with 227% zoom you will have the dotted line at the bottom of the screen and to go over the entire real page you need two screens (push next once)
If you zoom to 240% you will need to press Next twice to read the same page.
If you zoom 200% your dotted line will advance toward the middle of the page.
It all depends on the zoom level

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 12-13-2012 at 08:11 AM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #1112
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by oji View Post
And little bugreport. With the latest patch (and without) when reading PDF in ladnscape mode, in scroll mode, there is an error of dotted line placement — sometimes it just disappears, somtimes placed incorrectly & only in a rare cases it's just where i've done reading on the previous page.
I think it should work as you describe by design.

1) The dotted lines disapear if you are in middle sections of page. (They are virtually at the beggining and end of screen)
2) Dotted lines do not have meaning to show where you were before. They mean, where the viewport will move if you press Next/Prev.

So, generally, dotted lines show only if you are close to botttom or top of the page.

At least, this is my understanding, how it works.

@Booxtor
It might be a good idea draw the lines only on the left and right margin of screen. One or 2 centimeters will do. Some readers do not like the margin. This way, it would give the information and would not obstruct the text.

Also might be good to show the "direction" - distinguish upper margin and lower margin. I would suggest triangles directed up (or upside down T) for bottom of future viewport and triangles directed down (or T) for top of viewport.

It would be more clear how the viewport will be placed after the movement. Also if viewport position and zoom combination creates situation that two margins are displayed, one does not have any clue to which margin the movement will lead. If I move up the viewport may move to lower or upper margin. Which one depends on zoom.

And also vertical lines/marks would be handy (again with direction info - left/right triangles or Ts or line + parrelel & dotted line)
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #1113
ExH
E x H
ExH began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Thanks again for all your help and support, Booxtor! Really happy to have those first three bugs in the PDF reader fixed!

ExH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #1114
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi Booxtor,
Thank you very much for this patch. Could you say to the developpers that we are happy with the updates and this patch. I 'm glad to see some new improvements of the M92.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #1115
oji
oji began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT, Onyx M92SM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I think it should work as you describe by design.

So, generally, dotted lines show only if you are close to botttom or top of the page.

At least, this is my understanding, how it works.
I see, thank you for explaining. But in continuos scroll mode this seems to be useless & confuse me. Because there is no page end or start in it's common sense — you have a continuos page & when you get «page turn» (or, if be more precise, scroll down for next part of this endless page), current page is overlaped with a few lines of of the previously displayed page's text. And it's not too easy to spot where i have finished my reading.

In a such case dotted lines will be very helpful.
oji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #1116
oji
oji began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT, Onyx M92SM
Feature request:

Option to swap the "next" & "previous" page buttons behaviour in the landscape mode — at least for me it's a more intuitive to turn to the next page by the last button, same as in portrait mode neither by the previous button, which turn to previous page in portrait mode. Just my opinion — "interface" should be as much the same in the both modes as it's possible.
oji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #1117
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bug 1.8 (1.8.20121113) + PDFReader_Patch_20121212 : wake-up after suspsend mode.

Hi Booxtor,
I've installed 2 times the patch but I've always the bug after the suspend mode :
- suspend time : 1 minute;
- go to suspend mode;
- wake up;
- imposible to change the page;
- the menu button make an "exit" to the main menu.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #1118
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Restart the ebook and apply again the patch. It works.
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #1119
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferlanero View Post
Restart the ebook and apply again the patch. It works.
Sorry, this doesn't work for me :-(

Edit : I've make an new update of the firmware but the result is the same.

Last edited by Randy11; 12-14-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #1120
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Sorry, this doesn't work for me :-(
patch must be in the internal memory

Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #1121
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Well, you do not say how exactly you have "installed" the newest patch.
Please note, you MUST unpack the "rar" archive in the MAIN directory of the "Internal Storage" (on my Linux, when the device is connected via USB, I see it as "/media/boox" subdirectory).
Once again, make sure that ALL three new files ("libonyx_ui.so", "onyx_pdf_reader", "update.oar") are present in the MAIN directory of the "Internal Storage" (you MUST NOT unpack these files into any "sub-directory" there).
Then disconnect your M92 from USB, open the "Internal Storage" and click the "update.oar" icon (the device should reboot automatically).
Afterwards, you can delete all three files.
Note: you are NOT allowed to put them on your SD card -> use "Internal Storage".

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 12-19-2012 at 11:22 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #1122
Randy11
Wizard

I've put the files for the patch on my SD card, like the update file. I made a mistake ?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #1123
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Yes, repeat the updating following pepe's instructions.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #1124
Randy11
Wizard

Thanks a lot for your help !
The problem is solve. The files must be copied in the INTERNAL memory, thanks Pepe.
Sorry for this silly problem, it's my fault
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #1125
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Does someone know if the peterx app is working on any of the new versions of the firmware?

Has somebody noticed if vertical and horizontal lines (scribbles) are now merged with the PDF, when using the "merge" command in the Annotation menu?

Thx a lot in advance for any information on these issues.
por is offline   Reply With Quote