Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast
Woody_in_MN began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs up DX Battery Saver

I just installed this free app, DX Battery Saver. It seems like a good battery monitor, with the ability to shut off services/apps not being used. I wondered what others were using

Thanks,

- w
Woody_in_MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN View Post
I just installed this free app, DX Battery Saver.
Link?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast

Look at:

http://androiddev.orkitra.com

I found it under Download - Android Market Apps.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN View Post
I just installed this free app, DX Battery Saver. It seems like a good battery monitor, with the ability to shut off services/apps not being used. I wondered what others were using

Thanks,

- w
Pretty nice.

I also like Battery Widget. It's compact and gives you a percentage display of battery power available and when you touch the Widget it allows you to adjust screen settings, control Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...battery-widget

Last edited by obsessed2; 10-02-2011 at 10:53 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:24 AM   #5
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
OK, so Orkitra is a legitimate app source?
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
OK, so Orkitra is a legitimate app source?
I'm new to this Android stuff, but as far as I can see it is.

- w
Old 10-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
gregounours
Enthusiast
gregounours began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Pretty nice.
I also like Battery Widget. It's compact and gives you a percentage display of battery power available and when you touch the Widget it allows you to adjust screen settings, control Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...battery-widget
I downloaded and installed it but I don't see any percentages or anything. Am I missing something?
gregounours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #8
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregounours View Post
I downloaded and installed it but I don't see any percentages or anything. Am I missing something?
Are you running Android 2.2? On mine there is a lot of info there. Open the app and do some digging. If I get some time tonight, I'll try to post specific instructions on how to see %. But from memory, if you just want to see %, it s/b on the upper left of the screen after install. The numbers are small on the little icon there - but they show %.

Edit: Looking at the edge now. Just open the app., a big green battery will be starring at you with 3 menus available at the bottom. Of the screen.

- w

Last edited by Woody_in_MN; 10-03-2011 at 10:09 PM.