Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
Moik
Member Retired
Moik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Making sure a file exists in a special format

Hi,

how can I make sure that calibre has an epub copy of all my files in the library? For instance when my news source downloads a feed in mobi (which is good for my Kindle) it automatically creates a copy in epub (for my phone). Or when I add a book in *whatever* that there is always an epub copy?

Thank you!
Moik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moik View Post
Hi,

how can I make sure that calibre has an epub copy of all my files in the library? For instance when my news source downloads a feed in mobi (which is good for my Kindle) it automatically creates a copy in epub (for my phone). Or when I add a book in *whatever* that there is always an epub copy?

Thank you!
I keep a 'NoEPUB format' saved search:
(Type into the search bar)
Code:
not formats:"=EPUB" and formats:true
Now type a name where it says 'saved searches' at the right, the click the nearby Green Plus to save the search

The formats true leaves out 'Empty books' that may exist in your library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Moik
Member Retired
Moik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Ok, thank you! I was hoping for an automatic way...
Moik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moik View Post
Ok, thank you! I was hoping for an automatic way...
Once you set up a "Saved search", all you have to do is pick it from the list to use it.
That is why I gave you the steps to set it up as it is a frequent use candidate
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote