Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-21-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
acemccloudxx
Java Master
acemccloudxx doesn't litteracemccloudxx doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Standardized Metadata?

If I were writing a content management application and I wanted to use standardized metadata, where would I look? I would be surprised if there wasn't more than one such standard and I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with any of them enough to make a recommendation.

Thank you,

Ace
acemccloudxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:32 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There's the "Dublin Core Standard" which is the metadata system used by Open eBook. Do a Google search on it for more info.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
acemccloudxx
Java Master
acemccloudxx doesn't litteracemccloudxx doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
That's Perfect. Thank you!
acemccloudxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There's the "Dublin Core Standard" which is the metadata system used by Open eBook. Do a Google search on it for more info.
also check metadata on the mobileread wiki
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote