Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
Canterbury Tail
Enthusiast
Canterbury Tail began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Bought book with huge margins

Okay, I just bought a novel off the Sony store for my new Reader and the margins are huge. No matter the size of text it just wastes half the screen. Why oh why do they format them like that instead of allowing them to use the whole screen, this isn't a paper book where you have to hold the edges, the edges are already provided by the device.

So, any suggestions as to what I can do with this? It's a legit book in .lrx format.
Canterbury Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Sorry, can't edit LRX at all (DRM and all that). You could try asking your many back though.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
Canterbury Tail
Enthusiast
Canterbury Tail began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Sorry, can't edit LRX at all (DRM and all that). You could try asking your many back though.
I may have to try that, then buy it elsewhere and convert.

Why do they do this to the ebooks? It's pointless.
Canterbury Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canterbury Tail View Post
I may have to try that, then buy it elsewhere and convert.

Why do they do this to the ebooks? It's pointless.
I hear you CT. For a while I was download Mobi/LIT versions over existing LRF here on this site because the margins and fonts where too big. I've since written a tool to reduce both. However the script does not work with LRX files.

That is also the primary reason why I don't buy from Sony and shy away from PDF books if possible.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote