Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
photo
photo began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Reader not powering on

I upgraded to Ermine on the Pocket edge but now the reader does not start up when I turn on the device. It will start after a reset but then it will not work again. I love this device when it works.
photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by photo View Post
I upgraded to Ermine on the Pocket edge but now the reader does not start up when I turn on the device. It will start after a reset but then it will not work again. I love this device when it works.
Revert back to Dingo and try the upgrade again. Only this time try a different upgrade file. See the Resource Sticky which has download links to various different sources for the upgrade. Good luck.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
photo

Reader not turning on

Thanks for the advice. I tried different downloads for the Ermine, but the problem persisted. In Dingo the reader always powers on. It seems that I will not be able to upgrade and will have to use Dingo.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Don't know if this will help or not and it could have just been coincidence with me but my reader screen went 1/2 black one day. Resetting didn't help. I noticed my battery was running low so I charged it. The next time i turned it on the reader side was fine and has been since. I wonder if it could be due to a diminished battery?
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
photo

Reader not powering on.

I did try resetting and also draining the battery and recharging but the reader would not start-up. With one update it would start-up sometimes but not reliably. Thanks.
Advert