Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Nalapombu
Nalapombu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle FIRE
Book in Multiple PDF files...Can it be Combined into 1??

Hey all,

A buddy emailed me a copy of an old book and it was in PDF format. In fact it was in 15 different parts if I remember correctly. Can anyone tell me if there is a way in Calibre that I can combine all the separate parts into 1 single PDF for easier reading? If possible, I would combine them and then convert to MOBI so I could read it on my Kindle Fire.

Thanks for the help.

Nalajr
Nalapombu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalapombu View Post
A buddy emailed me a copy of an old book and it was in PDF format. In fact it was in 15 different parts if I remember correctly. Can anyone tell me if there is a way in Calibre that I can combine all the separate parts into 1 single PDF for easier reading? If possible, I would combine them and then convert to MOBI so I could read it on my Kindle Fire.
Not really, I think. I would look at something like PDFSplit and Merge or PDFMergeTool to merge the PDFs, and convert the result to Mobi with Calibre.

With the usual caveats that has, of course, PDF being the worst possible input format.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert