Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
italian ebooks resources??

Hello, while i'm waiting to receive my boox, i was looking for italian ebooks through the Internet and i must admit that the results have been very poor (= zero). I saw the project Manuzio (classical books without copyrights), but I'd like to buy "new" ebooks: my problem is that i'm italian, but i live abroad, so my idea is to buy ebooks instead of books in oder to avoid shipping costs and so on...

Is the italian ebooks market really so bad or i'm not able to search in the Net?
any suggestions or good pages to visit?

thank you

Brandobras
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
matthias
Enthusiast
matthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Hello,
I'm sorry, but i belive the italian ebook-market is really so bad. I've just run a fast search for a e-readeing devide, and in italy i didn't find one. Even Sony Italy don't seems to have a ebook-device on their website. (although i've been able to get a PRS505 a few months ago from a german store in italy)
I'm italian, too, but my native language is german, so i'm not facing this kind of problems, since i can read german (e)books (and no im starting to read english ones).
When searching for Ebooks, i never found a ebook in italian, but in almost every other european language.
When it comes to things like this (like ebook-readers) in my eyes italy is a little behind, they don't seem to be allways up to date with the newest technology. I've also noticed the same thing with some cellphones (Phones from HTC, for example).
matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Hello Matthias, and thank you for your answer.
more or less i'm in the same situation than you: i live abroad and i can read spanish, english and italian ebooks. obviously at the moment i only read spanish and english ones.
but it's really frustrating to read spanish or english translations of italian books, just because it's impossible to find e-version of them. I've sent emails to some italian publishers about this recently, but they don't plan to start selling ebooks for the moment.
Well, it's really sad, anyhow.

Regards

Brandobras
Old 01-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I checked, and Simplicissmus had a few ebooks. No idea what they are about, since I can't read Italian
http://ebookstore.simplicissimus.it/ebooks
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
Brandobras
Zealot

thanks Mike,
they are few classical books and some very technincal ones (law etc).. nothing to do with Amazon, for instance (just to mention a little ebooks store :-) )

regards
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
EbookReaderIta
EbookReaderIta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
hi brandobras, check here on Amazon store (in partnership with Zanichelli)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...ana+zanichelli

or here
http://leoneverde.it/ricerca_ebook.asp
http://giovannigronchi.altervista.org/ebooks/
http://antoniosegni.altervista.org/ebooks/

you can find more links here:
http://www.booksblog.it/post/2343/e-...is-in-italiano (see the comments)
EbookReaderIta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:24 AM   #7
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Italians publishers are very worry about piracy.
I've talked to a Mondadori executive (former director of "urania" and "segretissimo") and in his mind published ebooks will be on torrents as soon as they are in eshops.

The result is that you can find in the darknet the whole Urania collection (from 1956 to today), half of the Segretissimo series and almost every best seller of the last 20 years.
In the edk network I've seen a package of about 10.000 books, everyone of them almost error-free, neatly formatted and multiformat (txt, rtf, epub, html, mobi, pdf A4, pdf 6'', doc and odt). I bet there are even more on invitation only torrent forums (never been invited, just guessing).

Let's put it that way: you can find 9 out of 10 ebooks you're looking for, but as of now there is no way to pay authors and publishers (provided they deserve it) for them.

Just google around...

Last edited by Format C:; 01-28-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
Brandobras
Zealot

I see, Format C:
Italian publishers are worried about piracy and so they encourage piracy... so typical. :-/
well, i'll pass to the "dark side of the force" then, until italian publishers or italian authors wake up...
thank you EbookReaderITA for your very interesting links!

best regards
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Here you are some Italian publishers that I found who sell ebooks (very few, indeed):

www.guaraldi.it
www.edizionidellavigna.it (check their ebook forum, too: www.elibri.biz/forum)
www.liguori.it
www.apogeonline.com

free resources: http://www.liberliber.it/home/index.php
and Gutenberg Project, of course
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote