Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
persiphone
Enthusiast
persiphone began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Book Summary

ok quick question, if I pulled the metadata info,the book summary, where does that show up when I go to read my book. Also, is there a way to actually put a book summary under the table of contents that way I don't have to open the book (if that is where the comments section can be viewed on the reader). Just wondering, and btw calibre is awesome and I love it. I had to reformat my computer earlier this year and I am reorganizing all my books, I had them all backed up to discs and that is why I am asking this question, I never really paid attention before where the book summary was.
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Displaying the book summary requires changing the software on the reader itself.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
asktheeightball
asktheeightball began at the beginning.

I was actually curious about the exact same thing. Perhaps there would be a way for the software to add the Summary to the first page of the ebook?

That way when the ebook is viewed on the device, the summary will be the first thing you see, almost like the description on the inside flap or the back of a novel.
asktheeightball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It would be technically possible, though a bit of a pain to implement. Open a ticket for it and I'll add it to mt TODO list
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i would LOVE to see this implemented. i'm one of those people who adds summaries to all my books in calibre and it's a bit frustrating not to have access to them on my liseuse when choosing what book to read next.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
asktheeightball
asktheeightball began at the beginning.

Ticket has been opened.

I think it would not only be useful to read the description of the book but it would also mean that you could put reminders in that Summary box and have them show up.

Personally, there are time I forget if I've read something so it would be helpful if I could put a note marking a book "read"
asktheeightball is offline   Reply With Quote