Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 06-22-2004, 05:16 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
iPod-BMW Adapter now official

Brahamt brought the first news a week ago, and now it is official: Today, BMW and Apple unveiled the first adapter (link1, link2) that directly interfaces the iPod with a car stereo system. The BMW iPod Adapter can be installed in 2002 or later models, including the Mini Cooper. It supports up to five unique BMW playlists, which simulate the car's CD changer.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:12 AM   #2
DaNDeE
Connoisseur
DaNDeE began at the beginning.

Device: Newton/iPhone/iPad
Mhhh...nice idea, but I am little bit dissapointed in the way, they made it. A simple cable in the dashboard? Hello? The car is designed down to the last screw and than they are not able to build something like a holder, wheras every cellphone model's got its own! I wonder when the first schematics and hacks on the net appear, for this cable.
Advert
Old 06-24-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
iPod interface gets a poor review from engadget
Old 06-24-2004, 03:35 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Well, I'm personally distressed that they're not even making it available for the Z3 (my car).

Truth be told, lots of people get their pods hardwired up in their cars already. This is not all that special.

I did notice that they're advertising it alot on tv in the U.S. though.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:20 AM   #5
DaNDeE
Connoisseur
DaNDeE began at the beginning.

Device: Newton/iPhone/iPad
Think it's the old game of making things that geeks do to for the rest of the world. Should not be very hard to add a chich jack to your normal car-hifi and solder a cable that goes from the headphones to to normal chinch - thus does not add controls over the iPod to the steering wheel. This is a nice feature. I wish the industry would build a standart for this, so that you buy a portable player that hast the xyz-jack to hook it to you cars remote. Mhhhh... think will need a new car, if this happens. Renault won't build controlls to their steering... at least not for Twingo.
Advert
Old 06-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #6
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sUnShInE
Well, I'm personally distressed that they're not even making it available for the Z3 (my car).

Truth be told, lots of people get their pods hardwired up in their cars already. This is not all that special.

I did notice that they're advertising it alot on tv in the U.S. though.
Hey Sunshine,

I don't know if you saw the thread from before, but Denison does make an adapter that you could connect to a Z3

IceLink for BMW
Old 06-28-2004, 02:04 PM   #7
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I did, but thanks, brahamt.

I guess you didn't see my post about using a $30 adaptor from Radio Shack, which has been working just swimmingly.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #8
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
No I missed your message, but I am glad you have a solution that works.