Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 02:15 AM   #1
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo sent with "wrong" USB cable

Just got an email from Angus and Robertson saying that my Kobo was probably sent with the wrong USB cable and they are sending me a replacement.

The cable that came with my Kobo seems to work. How can it be the wrong one?
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:49 AM   #2
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
Is it the same colour as the kobo? If not then its the "wrong" one (white comes with white, and black comes with black). It makes no difference, I used a cable that came with my camera to plug it into my PC.
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Hmm, I received a white cable with my black Kobo...
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:45 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it's worth, both Kobo's (one black, one white) I purchased came with a black cable. Now if they had a nice clear cover over a shielded cable, it'd look so much techier.

One at an Indigo, one from their web site.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:29 AM   #5
hyperb
hyperb began at the beginning.

Some of the white units were apparently sent out with faulty cables. In these cables the mini-USB end is malformed and will not fit inside the Kobo. If your cable fits into the device then yours is fine.
hyperb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

that's a relief! Now, time for more reading....

Last edited by SageTracey; 07-16-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: typed too fast then read it
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote