Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Way to make font smaller in converted Lit files?

I bought two books from Books on Board in Lit form, used Convert Lit and then Calibre and they are now on my reader. It was pretty painless - you guys are fabulous, btw.

The only thing is I was wondering if there was a way to make the converted Lit files' text smaller? They look fine, but, for example, one of the books is 667 pages when I open it in MS reader (and the p-book is that length as well), but it is 1014 pages in the smallest text setting when I open it in my reader. The text seems about equal to the medium size font of the stuff that did not need converting.

Is there anyway to fix this? It's not that big of a deal, just makes me have to turn the page a lot. (And, well, 1014 pages makes the book seem quite daunting.)
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can change the base font size in Calibre (under look & feel when you click convert).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I use is --base-font-size=10 when I convert. I don't use the GUI. Too much hassle. I prefer doing it via the command line. Also, I set all the margins to 0 and use no header (takes up room on each page). --right-margin=0 --left-margin=0 --top-margin=0 --bottom-margin=0
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
From the GUI, when you are converting the file select the "Look & Feel" category when the Converting dialog box pops up. There is a combo box to change the <Base font size>. I believe the default is 10pts so you might want to reduce it to 8pts. You can also make this setting your default under the menus selection <Set Conversions default>

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 06-16-2008 at 08:53 AM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote