Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #31
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
I too went the route obsessed2 went. Odd that...but it worked just fine.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #32
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Funny, I just downloaded it and moved it to the kindleupdates folder, but my update button is still grayed-out.
Mine was too at first. I rebooted, and it took the Fire 30 seconds or so to find the update and enable the button.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I manually updated as well.

Things I noticed.
  • Remove Items from Carousel.
  • App & Internal Storage size under Device
  • List view in Books and Docs? (Maybe not new but first time I noticed it.)
  • Restrictions settings (What is this?)

Very disappointed with the update. It doesn't change any of the main concerns the articles mentioned.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #34
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Things I noticed.

Very disappointed with the update. It doesn't change any of the main concerns the articles mentioned.
Typical Amazon.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #35
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I'm disappointed too.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #36
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:

Things I noticed.

I believe that Amazon is trying to establish a track record of actively supporting the KF with frequent incremental updates. Frequent updates (that improve things and don't break things) give a sense that things are continuously moving forward.

"Don't like a particular thing about the Fire? wait a few weeks and there may be an update that addresses it." (obviously no promises, but the psychology behind this method, works)

Compare and contrast that with what Apple does with the iPad (iOS updates are tied to and dragged by the other iOS devices), and what Barnes and Noble has been doing with the nook (waiting 6 months for a minor point release).

If Amazon can support the KF like a nimble start-up company and have the muscle and resources of an established corporation for longterm stability and growth of the ecosystem, they'll be quite successful with it.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #37
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
my screen is more responsive post update. I still don't feel like I am using a ipad or something like that but I was one of those that was having to double press quite a bit to get touches registered. Not encountering that yet.
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #38
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I believe that Amazon is trying to establish a track record of actively supporting the KF with frequent incremental updates. Frequent updates (that improve things and don't break things) give a sense that things are continuously moving forward.

"Don't like a particular thing about the Fire? wait a few weeks and there may be an update that addresses it." (obviously no promises, but the psychology behind this method, works)

Compare and contrast that with what Apple does with the iPad (iOS updates are tied to and dragged by the other iOS devices), and what Barnes and Noble has been doing with the nook (waiting 6 months for a minor point release).

If Amazon can support the KF like a nimble start-up company and have the muscle and resources of an established corporation for longterm stability and growth of the ecosystem, they'll be quite successful with it.
I think you are correct...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Bezos
We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #39
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I hope you're right. I remember expecting lots of software updates for my K1 and getting two very minor updates before it was replaced by the K2, and then getting nothing at all.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #40
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:

Things I noticed.

This is not new. It's on mine and I'm still at 6.2

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #41
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
This is not new. It's on mine and I'm still at 6.2

Carol

I think your Fire may have downloaded and installed the update without you realizing it. Check Quick Settings, More (+), and Device and see if it says 6.2.1.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #42
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Mine was too at first. I rebooted, and it took the Fire 30 seconds or so to find the update and enable the button.
Thanks. Rebooting did the trick. Now I'm running the 6.2.1

...and I am dissapointed too. I don't think that I would have been disappointed if there hadn't been all that press around a massive new update that would include all sorts of fixes and multitouch enhancements. I guess I should just be satisfied that things are getting better (getting better every day).

What would be nice is if Amazon included a changelog. How can they expect customers to appreciate what they're doing or why they should update if they don't tell us what has changed?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #43
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I think your Fire may have downloaded and installed the update without you realizing it. Check Quick Settings, More (+), and Device and see if it says 6.2.1.
Nope. Still at 6.2. I've been checking all along to see if it updates on it's own.

I've noticed the list view for quite a while. So definitely not new.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #44
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Same boat. I downloaded the update using the link obsessed provided but the update is grey even after I shut the Fire off and restarted after five minutes.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #45
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Same boat. I downloaded the update using the link obsessed provided but the update is grey even after I shut the Fire off and restarted after five minutes.
What folder is did you put the update in? I had to move mine over to the kindleupdates folder. ES File Explorer or something similar will get the job done. Then you should have the update button available. (I did reboot mine after putting the file in the folder though, just to be sure it would be seen, but that might be an extra step that's not really needed.)
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote