Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
Question How do you read Sony eBooks on a nook?

In another thread someone mentioned you can read books purchased at the Sony store on a nook. How do you do this? Does the Sony software recognize a nook as a device when plugged in?
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGuy View Post
In another thread someone mentioned you can read books purchased at the Sony store on a nook. How do you do this? Does the Sony software recognize a nook as a device when plugged in?

Here's the best info I found on reading Sony and Overdrive library books on the nook:

Nook Feature Review

You need to have both Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and the Sony software on your computer for Sony books, and just ADE for Overdrive books.

The Sony software didn't recognize the nook when I plugged it in. I had to move the Sony book to ADE and then load onto the nook from there.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
Here's the best info I found on reading Sony and Overdrive library books on the nook:

Nook Feature Review

You need to have both Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and the Sony software on your computer for Sony books, and just ADE for Overdrive books.

The Sony software didn't recognize the nook when I plugged it in. I had to move the Sony book to ADE and then load onto the nook from there.
Okay, Thanks for the info.
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
It's very possible. That's pretty much the only place I get my planned content (impulse buys still come from nook)

Once you have your Nook registered with ADE, you can pretty much drag and drop what you want.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote