Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Talking New Ipod touch owner!!!

I just got my ipod touch yesterday....against my better judgement HAHA. But I can definitely say after downloading a few apps already, it was WELL worth the sacrafices I will be making in the near future!! That is a NIFTY little gadget!! I can't wait to download some kindle books now and check out the B&N ereader app.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
That's very nice!! Do you have the 64GB or 32GB? the one with the 50% faster processor?

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Yes, I am very much a fan of my little ipod touch, too
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #4
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlobee View Post
That's very nice!! Do you have the 64GB or 32GB? the one with the 50% faster processor?
HAHA No I was only able to afford the 8gb (well I really can't "afford" it, but I bought it anyway lol)....but coming from a 2gb nano (2nd generation) this will be heaven!!

I've had a great time downloading apps. The ipod touch did me in so I have to stick with free apps for now, but I've found plenty so far. And I've only paid for 1 app out of the 40 or so I've downloaded. Now I'm just looking around for interesting tidbits of info.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Welcome to the iPhone / ipod Touch Club.

There are a ton of great free and not free apps in the store, which can abe a bit addactive at times.

There are a number of ways to find great new apps -

Sites like App Shopper Which revieew and track changes prices and features in Apps making it easy to find new and discounted apps.

Review Podcasts Like App Judgement Which review new apps regularly.

Apps like App Sniper on the iPhone / iPod touch, which track new and discounted apps, allow you to set up watch lists for when good but expensive apps are discounted. While not free, the $1 I spent on it has saved me a lot more.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Kelly--

Take a look at the Stanza reader for the iPod Touch as well. It's a pretty cool reader, and supports ePub files. Calibre has an interface that makes it really easy to transfer books wirelessly to Stanze on the Touch. I've started keeping copies of the ePub books I'm currently reading on my Sony 505 on my Touch. That way, in the unlikely event that I'm somewhere without my Sony Reader, I can read on my Touch.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
1gr8gigi
1gr8gigi began at the beginning.

Device: Apple itouch
I also just bought an itouch 32 GB. I had been saving for 2 years and thought I would buy a kindle but this is a so much better deal, in my opinion.

I am also glad I found this site as well as I may find good information and learn how to get books on the darn thing.
1gr8gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
HAHA No I was only able to afford the 8gb (well I really can't "afford" it, but I bought it anyway lol)....but coming from a 2gb nano (2nd generation) this will be heaven!!

I've had a great time downloading apps. The ipod touch did me in so I have to stick with free apps for now, but I've found plenty so far. And I've only paid for 1 app out of the 40 or so I've downloaded. Now I'm just looking around for interesting tidbits of info.
Oh. that's still really really good. it's a great device actually. very addictive. the first time i had my iPhone 3G, i was unstoppable from downloading free apps. LOL!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #9
petrona
petrona began at the beginning.

Device: none
I picked up a 32 gig Itouch last week and am really enjoying it. I got it for a really good deal. I also am the owner of a kindle2 and a sony505.

Last edited by petrona; 09-23-2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: When I first joined I had yet to buy an ereader.
petrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #10
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I love my ipod touch as well.. VERY addicting downloading free apps and ebooks! It's a nice complement to my 505 as I now have access to the Kindle store. I can share ebooks with my daughter, who also has a touch, but she really prefers reading the old-fashioned way.. LOL.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
kelly1010
Book Addict!

Oh I am definitely addicted to downloading applications. I'm trying to stick with the freebies for now. I did pay for Bejeweled 2 and Super Monkey Ball. I haven't even downloaded any music yet!! I plan to still use my old ipod as well for overflow/backup. I really shouldn't have bought the ipod touch (I'm unemployed) but I have no regrets.....and hey, I was unemployed when I bought my 505 and it didn't kill me. I'll live. So far the ipod touch has gone everywhere with me. And the 505 goes most places with me now too.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
Oh I am definitely addicted to downloading applications. I'm trying to stick with the freebies for now. I did pay for Bejeweled 2 and Super Monkey Ball.
If you like Bejeweled 2, have a look at Gemmed. There is a Lite version if you want to try it out. I actually prefer it to Bejeweled, though your mileage may vary.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #13
kelly1010
Book Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
If you like Bejeweled 2, have a look at Gemmed. There is a Lite version if you want to try it out. I actually prefer it to Bejeweled, though your mileage may vary.

Cheers,
Marc
Thanks will check that out right now.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
craft2113
craft2113 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Reflow pdf reader

Hi,im a new itouch user too.i downloaded a free app called reflow pdf. But I couldnt figure out how to put pdf files to my itouch. Help?

Thank you!
craft2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #15
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft2113 View Post
Hi,im a new itouch user too.i downloaded a free app called reflow pdf. But I couldnt figure out how to put pdf files to my itouch. Help?

Thank you!
I believe ReflowPDF only works for PDFs that are accessible from a browser, i.e. online. So to read your own PDFs, you need to get them online first. Read some of the comments on the App Store about it.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote