Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-04-2008, 06:44 AM   #1
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Question Info on Phillip G. Williamson, please...

Hello,

In 1991, The First World Chronicles of Philip G. Williamson began:
1. Dinbig of Khimmur (1991)
2. The Legend of Shadd's Torment (1993)
3. From Enchantery (1993)
Moonblood (1993)
Heart of Shadows (1994)
Citadel (1995)

I have the first three books and ordered, via Amazon the last three (second hand). As p-books (shudder!). I will definitely try to digitize the last three books, because I have never read them and I would like to read them on my Cybook. However, wouldn't it be nice if these out-of-print books could officially be released as e-books? I have been looking (google) for an e-mail-address of Philip Williamson, but couldn't find it...

My question: does anyone know about Mr. Williamson and how to contact him?

His First World Chronicle books are really great (in my opinion) and I guess a lot of people would like them as well...
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It could be worth emailing the publisher and asking for ebook versions. They may also be able to supply an email address, or forward a latter to the author.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2008, 08:05 AM   #3
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
My question: does anyone know about Mr. Williamson and how to contact him?
Phillip is associated with The Hampstead Authors' Society, who have a website, here: http://www.hasweb.org/index.html

You can find some commentary by him on the series here: http://www.hasweb.org/notes31.html

He has a website under construction, here: http://philwilliamson.bulldoghome.co...doghome%5Fcom/

I think he's the webmaster for the HASWeb site. A note to them might produce contact info.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Thank you both for your advice; I'll first try the webmaster of HASWeb. I did find that site, but it didn't occur to me to contact the webmaster... Thanks!

I'll report my progress in this thread (hopefully there will be something to report!)
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Thank you both for your advice; I'll first try the webmaster of HASWeb. I did find that site, but it didn't occur to me to contact the webmaster... Thanks!
At one point, at least, Philip was the webmaster, so your task might be simple. If he's not doing it now, the webmaster should at least be able to forward a message.

Quote:
I'll report my progress in this thread (hopefully there will be something to report!)
Please do.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2008, 01:42 AM   #6
JohnnyD
Connoisseur

small progress: At this moment, Philip doesn't seem to be the webmaster. The current webmaster, however, was kind enough to forward my "request for contact" to Philip. Hopefully, Philip will contact me.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
JohnnyD
Connoisseur

Final report: Philip sent me an e-mail, he was quite surprised that anyone was still interested in his books!

Ha! I love them

OK, concerning e-books: sadly, there are no electronic versions of the novels available, so fot the moment (at least) there will be no e-books... A pity...

Philip's favourite series is his "Enchantment's Edge trilogy", so if he will go into e-books, it will presumably be with this series.

That's all for now. Hopefully we will ever see some of his great books as e-books!