Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Question about Registering and Upgrading to Ermine/Froyo

Hi all!

I've been reading the answers people are posting to questions on Woot! today (so glad there are helpful people who can post on Woot. I never signed up or I'd join you. ).

As my Device information shows, I have a PE and an EE so my question is not for me but for newer owners:

When I got my EE recently I was able to upgrade straight to Ermine, after registering my device during setup, without doing anything but hitting "Check for Updates", waiting 10 or 15 minutes while the server got set, and then pulling down the notification menu and clicking "Install".

I want to know whether people who have not previously registered with enTourage (meaning before they closed up shop) are able to register and update without going through the USB-stick-and-hold-the-buttons procedure.

Has anyone done it?

Thanks!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
swedishpop
swedishpop began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
Hey, new user here. I'm trying to do it on my PE that I just got from Woot but experiencing some hiccups. My wifi connection has been occasionally dropping while downloading, leading to re-downloads.

Also, should it require multiple downloads and installs? The first download and install didn't actually update to 2.2 so I assumed it updated something else I wasn't aware of.

I've done two downloads so far, both of which prompted me to install and then rebooted automatically. The first download seemed a bit shorter than the second, but I wasn't paying close attention to the time. The second definitely took about as much time as it would usually take me to download ~140MB so I think it was actually downloading the 2.2 update. But again, nothing seemed to have changed, with the Firmware version still listed as 1.6.

I'm halfway through my third download right now. I'm all for helping out future newbies but I'm starting to lose patience with this method of updating.
swedishpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
EdgeLover523
EdgeLover523 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge, Nook
@ swedishpop - have you been forwarded to a page that asks you if you want to participate in the ermine beta? If not, you may need to simply download the zip file (found elsewhere on this forum) and manually load the ermine update. I had to do this with an EE I bought for a friend today even though I was able to update a back up EE I bought for myself since I had signed up for ermine back when I bought my first PE.
EdgeLover523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, make sure there are no timeouts stopping your download. You can keep it plugged in and use the power widget to keep the LCD turned on (it's the lightbulb), and I think there might be something in the wifi setting (???) that needs to be set to "always on" or something.

I can probably find better info for you if you need it.

Meanwhile, welcome to MobileRead!!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
swedishpop
swedishpop began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
Thanks for the quick, helpful replies. Again after the third install (uninterrupted) nothing seemed to change and I wasn't asked to join the beta. I ended up just doing the manual install via microSD and that worked fine.
swedishpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
Filark

Congratulations on getting it working!

Now enjoy!