Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Can't install Calibre on my brand new system, need help

Hello. I need help, because I can't install Calibre on my new computer.

2 days ago, I got a new computer, with Windows 7, 64-bit installed on it. I wanted to install the latest (7.45) Version of Calibre, but I didn't get far.

Right at the beginning, I accept the terms in License Agreement. Then I press install and right after that, it gives me an error message:

"The system cannot open the device or file specified" (but the error message is in german, like my Windows 7 language)

If I click on "Retry" nothing changes. When I click on "cancel" it says (this time in english)
"The installed has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755."

After that, Calibre tells me the install Wizard ended prematurely

What could this be? Is there something missing on my system, that I haven't installed yet? I did a google search and I saw a website from Microsoft, where they talked about the same error code caused by NET Framework. I wasn't sure if it is in my system, so I installed it, but this didn't change a thing.

I also restarted my computer multiple times, and redownloaded the install package. I also tried an earlier version (7.44) with the exact same result.

On my old Win XP computer, I had 7.44 installed and at least I managed to turn that into a portable version (I prefer portable apps anyway), thanks to this board. So for now I have at least a Calibre to use, but as long as newer Versions don't become portable, I can't use them right now.

I hope someone can help me.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
It sounds like the installer is corrupted. Delete the one you downloaded and download it again.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Stumbl
Thread Killer
Stumbl began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
this sounds like you may need to update windows ?
I believe the net framework is part of windows update.
Stumbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Which user-rights do you have? Are logged in with administrator-privileges? Even if you have admin-priviliges, you have to right-click on the installer and select "run as administrator".
My standard-user has no administrator-rights, so I install with right-click and "run as different user". No problems with that on german 64bit W7H premium.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
hard13
Enthusiast
hard13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
have you try troubleshoot compatibility? just right click on the setup file then you'll see troubleshoot compatibillity, click it and follow the instruction. it's work for all software that can't installed correctly. it's works for me.
hard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
thank you guys, for your fast replies.

First of all: I finally managed to install it.

And the winner is - drumroll - hard13 with the troubleshoot compatibility. But as I said I thank everyone of your for your reply
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote