Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #76
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
When I read about Azad, that was the game I immediately thought of.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:36 PM   #77
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
paper allows me to read while traveling,where I read the most.I have Hodgesons "the night land" as a "traveling book",and even though im 3 quarters through,itl stil keep me busy for a while.

then again,paper costs money,which I dont have.So,I dunno.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #78
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Most of us here read on portable devices. I love traveling with my Kindle because I can have many books with me while only taking up the size of one in my luggage.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:39 AM   #79
noseinabook71
noseinabook71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1...soon to be Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Marquard View Post
Huh? Why will that make bookstores go away? It will in fact make bookstores more attractive. I very much doubt that paper books will ever be abandoned. They work without electricity.
I agree. Just as you have people who still listen to records, use film cameras, or who still don't have cable(that would be me..), you'll have people that prefer paper books.

I recently purchased my first e-reader but I will still buy and read paper books. I think there's room for both. I'm not sure I'd take my 505 to the beach, for example.
noseinabook71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #80
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I actually walked into a physical bookstore yesterday. My teenage son was with me and I purchased for him a ton of graphic novels plus the first three Halo paperback novels. I would've loved to be able to purchase ebooks for myself and supported the store. There were quite a few SF books I would love to read but since they aren't available as ebooks they will go unread.

Personally, I would have no problem taking my Kindle to the pool or beach. One of the reasons I purchased eink was because I can read it outside.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #81
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I actually walked into a physical bookstore yesterday. My teenage son was with me and I purchased for him a ton of graphic novels plus the first three Halo paperback novels. I would've loved to be able to purchase ebooks for myself and supported the store. There were quite a few SF books I would love to read but since they aren't available as ebooks they will go unread.

Personally, I would have no problem taking my Kindle to the pool or beach. One of the reasons I purchased eink was because I can read it outside.
Good points. Since it is easy to browse around for new authors, novels and subjects at a favorite bookstore, it would be nice to go to the counter and have a chosen work be downloaded to one's reader; thus encouraging patronage by choice to a local business.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brick and mortar, caravan project, digitalization, politics and prose