Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Mystery from Kindle: The Heir [Free]

Title: The Heir by Paul Robertson.

Description: The fortune wasn't supposed to befall him.

Jason Boyer had known all along his father's business empire would pass to different hands. Which suited him just fine. The money was crooked and the power corrupt. But when an accident claims the old man's life, everyone is stunned by the unveiling of the will.

With the passing of the Boyer crown, power-hungry politicians and shady business partners all try to force Boyer's hand. Fighting the temptation of influence and riches, he simply wants to be a better man than his father--but attempting to stand for what's right soon brings murderous consequences.

As those closest to him are endangered--and news emerges that his father's accident may be something more sinister--Boyer finds himself fighting for his soul...and his life!

Susan Crealock
Online Novels

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-28-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Now snagged, bagged, and beheaded. Thanks for the head's up on this one.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-28-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I added to your title that it is a freebie.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It's also christian fiction, for those who are concerned about such things.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It's also christian fiction, for those who are concerned about such things.

That information is VERY important, and I thank you for providing this information before I started reading it.

Some people find this kind of "fiction" didactic and unpleasant; whereas, other people find the taste quite enjoyable.

I will now delete this unread title from my Kindle.

Don
Old 06-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Hi Dr. Drib - I've indicated on previous Kindle posts that a book was "free" and had readers object (rightly so, I think) that these offerings have geographic restrictions, making them non-free for most of the world. Is there a Mobile Read standard for how these U.S. freebies should be listed?

Thank you.

Susan Crealock
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:31 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Crealock View Post
Hi Dr. Drib - I've indicated on previous Kindle posts that a book was "free" and had readers object (rightly so, I think) that these offerings have geographic restrictions, making them non-free for most of the world. Is there a Mobile Read standard for how these U.S. freebies should be listed?

Thank you.

Susan Crealock

Yes, we are aware of this issue.

We have not agreed upon a standard on this, so having the word "free" - at this stage - is still an important consideration. There is simply no way for a poster listing a "freebie" to check geographic locations for different areas of the world.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I know that one suggestion was for the posting person to indicate the country where they lived, either in each post about a freebie or by updating their profile to show their location.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Some people find this kind of "fiction" didactic and unpleasant; whereas, other people find the taste quite enjoyable.

I will now delete this unread title from my Kindle.
Don
How can you know which )or none) of the two it is without reading it?
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
How can you know which )or none) of the two it is without reading it?

It is my preference not to read Christian novels. I have other novels - in other genres - that I consider to be of more importance.

As to how I can know: Usually, this is indicated by publisher and also some reviews [on Amazon]. I failed to see this when I downloaded the ebook. Upon discovering this fact, I then promptly deleted the title.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-29-2010 at 01:00 PM.