Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
vidgej
vidgej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Unhappy Pocket Pro Menu Shadow/Mark

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, i couldnt find a thread about this.

Is this a problem or just normal? I have a Pocket Pro. Everytime I close the Pop Up Menu, a very light shadow or mark of its outline including the battery icon is left on the screen. And if you're in a book, the shadow even makes an imprint on the letters. It's not that visible but if you look closely, you can really see it. Screen or Firmware problem, normal, or i'm just having an attack of OCD? help please.
vidgej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgej View Post
I'm not sure if this has been discussed, i couldnt find a thread about this.

Is this a problem or just normal? I have a Pocket Pro. Everytime I close the Pop Up Menu, a very light shadow or mark of its outline including the battery icon is left on the screen. And if you're in a book, the shadow even makes an imprint on the letters. It's not that visible but if you look closely, you can really see it. Screen or Firmware problem, normal, or i'm just having an attack of OCD? help please.
This is why the page changes do a flash first. You are seeing the ghost of the menu because otherwise the screen would have to be flashed and refreshed every time you used the menu. This is pretty normal although perhaps they can devise a partial flash of just that portion of the screen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
This is why the page changes do a flash first. You are seeing the ghost of the menu because otherwise the screen would have to be flashed and refreshed every time you used the menu. This is pretty normal although perhaps they can devise a partial flash of just that portion of the screen.

Dale
I think they could to. They do a partial flash for the menu, so when you close the menu you can see the outline of where it was in the text of the ebook, however going back to the contrast discussion, it is actually darker.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
vidgej

Thank you guys! You've no idea how your answers made me breathe better. hehe. Happy New Year!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Welcome to the forum, Vidgej!
Yes it is normal to see ghosts sometimes. Don't be scared to see them.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:52 AM   #6
vidgej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Welcome to the forum, Vidgej!
Yes it is normal to see ghosts sometimes. Don't be scared to see them.
Thanks Javed! I got my reader just a few weeks ago. It really sucks to be new on things. hehe. Happy New Year!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
@Vidgej
I'm sure you will really enjoy your new reader. The Pocket Pro (or PEZ as we sometimes affectionately refer to it here) is a great device. Feel free to come here whenever you like to ask or comment on anything. We quite often have an Astak rep who posts here (RobertB), who listens (reads) and is usually very helpful. Of course there are also plenty of other good helpful folks here as well. Great to see you here and also Happy Twenty Ten to you!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
astak mark shadow imprint