Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 02-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Various: Bible, King James Version, PDF 03-Feb-2008

The attached .zip file contains a pdf version of the King James Bible that is designed to overcome some of the TOC limitations of the Sony Reader. As it was designed for a specific platform I can make no representations as to its suitability on any other platform. And since I have no other platform to check it on I probably be unable to address any platform specific problems.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip King James Bible.pdf.zip (7.90 MB, 1071 views)
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy-Dawg View Post
The attached .zip file contains a pdf version of the King James Bible that is designed to overcome some of the TOC limitations of the Sony Reader. As it was designed for a specific platform I can make no representations as to its suitability on any other platform. And since I have no other platform to check it on I probably be unable to address any platform specific problems.
Thank you, Deputy for this. It works very well on the Sony Reader and is the best implementation of the Bible I have seen and used so far. Easy to get to a book and chapter. Using the Menu key its only a second or two from the TOC to jump to another book. Very good!
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
As expected, no links on the Kindle. Drat -- I was so hoping it would just "work"! The content looks fine once past the indexes. The indexes themselves are in an odd shuffled order. I had to look hard to find Psalms -- it was 3rd or so on the list of Old Testament books But since it didn't link to anywhere in the text, the index didn't really make any difference (order not withstanding!).
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Which would suggest that the PDF reader on the Kindle does not honor the standard tags used by Adobe in Acrobat. But without a Kindle there is simply no way I can properly access the difficulty.
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Now that I think about it - I recall someone here testing with his Kindle, and deciding that the converter for Word DOC files *does* preserve links (http web links, at least) while the PDF converter does not.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:51 AM   #6
kbarnsda
KBar
kbarnsda doesn't litterkbarnsda doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Fire, Amazon Kindle
HUGE thanks DD.
I was hoping I had made the right choice between Sony or Kindle.
The 505 and this forum are a great combo.
I took a gamble on folks coming up with alternative ways to get info on the reader.
I was a little disappointed with how long it took me to move around in the Bible
with the Sony version.
Thanks again for work. EKB

Last edited by kbarnsda; 02-19-2008 at 12:39 PM.
kbarnsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
Gopal
Gopal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Here's a version that works with Kindle2....including links.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc King James Bible.prc (2.20 MB, 1223 views)
Gopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:25 AM   #8
Pastor al
Pastor al began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Thank you Thank you Thank you -

Hello Deputy Dawg for your PDF King James Version PDF wth index. I purchased the Sony Reader PRS700 because I was watching a friend use it for his sermon notes - he told me he has 1200+ of his sermons on his reader now - I asked him if he had some easy to navigate bibles also on his 700 but he said he hadn't found any that you could navigate easily and he was using his Olive Tree collection of translations on his I Phone for his bible. I was interested in combining it all on my 700. The KJV is my base Bible and I am not a programer but I would like to modify some ePub and BBeB bible files I have purchased (other translations) to have an effective system of going to book/chapter like the KJV that you provided. Could you give me any clues how to start learning and what tools I would need to use?

Pastor Al
Pastor al is offline   Reply With Quote