Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
iOS updated: Stanza still OK

as the title says. iOS now at 5.1.1
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I upgraded wirelessly. Very nice feature.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
maiasaurus
Biblomaniac
maiasaurus began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4s
Thank you. It definitely says something that our first instinct on hearing of an IOS update is to check for Stanza compatibility. Off to upgrade...
maiasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiasaurus View Post
Thank you. It definitely says something that our first instinct on hearing of an IOS update is to check for Stanza compatibility. Off to upgrade...
Lol, that's the first thing I always check ever since Stanza started working funky after I updated from iOS 2.0 to 2.1. This is the main reason I kept my old 2G iPhone when I upgraded to the iPhone 3GS - so I have something to test Stanza compatibility with firmware updates. Nowadays, I check for Stanza compatibility on my brother's iPhone 4S before I install the update on my iPhone 4. However, I do have a 4th gen iPod Touch that's still on iOS 4.3.5. The older version of Stanza just seems to work better.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I dont use it on my iPad, so I updated there first, and once confirmed, did the iphone.
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I dont use it on my iPad, so I updated there first, and once confirmed, did the iphone.
Funny, I'm a diehard Stanza fan on the iphone too but I can't use anything but iBooks on the ipad. It does have a lot of wasted space, I hate how the status bar works (often comes up or goes away when I'm trying to turn pages), but the two pages per screen is just so much nicer to read off of in landscape mode. I wish Stanza had that feature, because otherwise it's perfect, despite some of the weird behavior that happens with certain epubs (likely because it's not being actively supported).
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #7
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Funny, I'm a diehard Stanza fan on the iphone too but I can't use anything but iBooks on the ipad. It does have a lot of wasted space, I hate how the status bar works (often comes up or goes away when I'm trying to turn pages), but the two pages per screen is just so much nicer to read off of in landscape mode. I wish Stanza had that feature, because otherwise it's perfect, despite some of the weird behavior that happens with certain epubs (likely because it's not being actively supported).
Likewise on the phone, but the ipad is a good spot to check whether its going to work with any given iOS. I've become an Apabi fan on iPad, much more elegant than iBooks.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Likewise on the phone, but the ipad is a good spot to check whether its going to work with any given iOS. I've become an Apabi fan on iPad, much more elegant than iBooks.
Hmm I'll check that out. My problem with the iBooks status bar is that the tap zone for turning pages is way too slim--if tapping to turn on/off the status bar were closer to the center of the screen it'd be nicer. I've never heard of Apabi.. but I'll try it tonight.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Hmm I'll check that out. My problem with the iBooks status bar is that the tap zone for turning pages is way too slim--if tapping to turn on/off the status bar were closer to the center of the screen it'd be nicer. I've never heard of Apabi.. but I'll try it tonight.
A word of advice... use the list view. the pseudo-bookshelf is hideous. I like the reading experience in landscape. the rest, I can take or leave.