Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
topreader1
topreader1 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
New prs 600 cover with light vs Mighty Bright light

Hi all

I am interested in purchasing PRSACL6 and was wondering if anyone had done any comparisons between the its light and the mighty bright one.

thanks
topreader1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Mighty Bright is brighter and takes three AAA batteries. The Sony cover light takes one AAA battery. Even though the Mighty Bright is brighter, I like the Sony cover light much better. There isn't much room to clip a Mighty Bright to a 300 or 600, plus it is cumbersome and heavy. The Sony cover light makes a great cover, the design is great, and the light is more than adequate for dark rooms.
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I haven't seen the Mighty Bright light myself but I can say that I am quite happy with the cover. The convenience of always having the light available but also of having it be tucked away when I don't want it is exactly what I wanted. The light itself, while not the brightest, is more than sufficient to illuminate the page in the dark - I use it exclusively now when I am reading before bed. It also evens out the reflectiveness in low-light situations. A very satisfied customer here - my only complaint is that it is now just a tiny (so tiny as to be annoyingly frustrating) bit too wide to fit into some of my oversized coat pockets when I want to take it with me.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
Chris_Aubeck
Chris_Aubeck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I've been using the cover with a light for a few weeks. It does its job, I can read with it. The two brightness settings are virtually the same, when I switch it on I don't care if it's at its highest or lowest, I barely notice the difference. I don't like having to keep the light from shining directly on the screen (causing a reflection in my eyes), but I'm glad I didn't go for the silver coloured reader as I expect the situation would have been more difficult to avoid. The added width has led me to buy a non-lighted Proporta cover (cheapest on Amazon.co.uk but not advertised as Proporta, check the images and reference number) too, allowing me to carry the reader in my jacket pocket when I won't be needing the light.

As with most of these covers, the clips seem fragile but have not broken. They are a bit flexible.

Anyway, the bottom line is that the inbuilt light does work, it isn't perfect, it is seriously overpriced, but it satisfies my needs.
Chris_Aubeck is offline   Reply With Quote