Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #46
squall_dc
squall_dc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, KindlePPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Send me link to your source files.
1.8 version will include major Landscape Mode bug fix that might resolve your issues. Also it will use bilinear filter.
Thanks AcidWeb, I've pm'ed you the details.

Yeah, the non-centered pictures are part of a mobi split landscape picture.

I'll wait for the 1.8 version and re-test then. Thanks!
squall_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #47
pi_formance
pi_formance began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've got some issues when converting .cbr files to mobi/epub using KCC v2.7 on my Macbook (10.8.3)
I am using the GUI and after clicking on the convert button, KCC immediately crashes without any error messages or actually converting the file.

Am I missing something? Do I have to download/install Phyton, etc? Is my OSX version not compatible with KCC 2.7?

Cheers

Last edited by pi_formance; 03-17-2013 at 06:48 AM.
pi_formance is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #48
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
You will need to wait for ciromattia.

I dont have OSX. But you can try extracting CBR (It is RAR file) and run conversion on directory.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-17-2013 at 07:29 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #49
pi_formance

Quote:
You will need to wait for ciromattia.

I dont have OSX. But you can try extracting CBR (It is RAR file) and run conversion on directory.
I tried running the conversion on the directory and get the following error message:

Error on file /Users/XXXXX/Downloads/comic.mobi:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/XXXXX/Downloads/comic.mobi'

KCC does generate a comic.epub file but not the mobi one.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #50
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK. KindleGen is failing to create MOBI.

If possible upload that EPUB somewhere and drop me link in PM. I need to check it.
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #51
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pi_formance View Post
I tried running the conversion on the directory and get the following error message:

Error on file /Users/XXXXX/Downloads/comic.mobi:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/XXXXX/Downloads/comic.mobi'

KCC does generate a comic.epub file but not the mobi one.
most likely you miss kindlegen, download and copy the executable into /usr/bin
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #52
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
most likely you miss kindlegen, download and copy the executable into /usr/bin
Remember that GUI now don't start MOBI conversion if kindlegen is missing ;-P
Old 03-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #53
pi_formance

Quote:
Remember that GUI now don't start MOBI conversion if kindlegen is missing ;-P
Thanks guys! Worked like a charm. Reason for KCC crashing was indeed that Kindlegen (+ unrar for my cbr archives) were missing.

Great tool :-)
Old 03-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #54
pi_formance

Quote:
Thanks guys! Worked like a charm. Reason for KCC crashing was indeed that Kindlegen (+ unrar for my cbr archives) were missing.

Great tool :-)
I actually do have another problem. The converted books don't have a cover art on my Kindle Paperwhite after sending the .mobi files to the device using the "Send to Kindle" app. The cover does show up on Kindle for Android on my smartphone and on Kindle 4 Mac. I have read that AWKCC 1.4 seems to be able to include the cover but that tool is only available for Windows.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I tried manually adding EXTH meta data records for 113 and 504 with the ASIN values but the cover still doesn't show in my Paperwhite
Old 03-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #55
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Upload using USB.
All other methods modify and corrupt this type of MOBI files.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #56
pi_formance

Quote:
Upload using USB.
All other methods modify and corrupt this type of MOBI files.
Converted the cbr archive to mobi with KCC. Copied that mobi file (without manipulating it further) to my Paperwhite (via USB). It still doesn't show the cover art :-(
Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #57
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Converted the cbr archive to mobi with KCC. Copied that mobi file (without manipulating it further) to my Paperwhite (via USB). It still doesn't show the cover art :-(
No idea then. First image should be cover.
I don't use CBR/CBZ files.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #58
pi_formance

Quote:
No idea then. First image should be cover.
I don't use CBR/CBZ files.
Okay, converted a folder (with the comic jpgs) to mobi using KCC. Copied the mobi to Paperwhite via USB. Still no cover
Old 03-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #59
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Create only EPUB file upload it somewhere and send me link in PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #60
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I tested your file. All headers are in place. Kindle Previewer in Paperwhite mode is showing cover.

I dont have idea why it dont show it on real one.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools