Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #121
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
Sure mine is 2.5.0 (c988b71a4d, 12/04/2013) ....just typed without comparing...now compared, seems mine is the same as yours.

I tried several things with the light and all worked as should...both with the light on minimum and otherwise.
I'm on 2.5.0 (c988b71a4d, 4/12/13) and the light does not turn on whe it's set to the lowest setting. The bottom bar turns black as if it were on, but the hardware does not turn on. It will turn on when set to the second-lowest setting, and a quick tap up and down will turn the light on and dim to the lowest setting properly.

I was reading last night and yes, it definitely seems like the lowest setting is dimmer now, which is great.

EDIT: Is there a general "batch" part of the Kobo Glo serial number that we could check to see if perhaps it's an issue with a particular "group" of Glos without having to give out my whole serial number?
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #122
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
I'm on 2.5.0 (c988b71a4d, 4/12/13) and the light does not turn on whe it's set to the lowest setting. The bottom bar turns black as if it were on, but the hardware does not turn on. It will turn on when set to the second-lowest setting, and a quick tap up and down will turn the light on and dim to the lowest setting properly.
I'm on this same version and my light is turning on, while definitely on the lowest setting - when unslept with the button, when unslept with the sleepcover, and when the light is turned off and on with the button.

It might be an individual Glo thing, as you identify. I wonder if it's also just worth trying power cycling and possibly pin hole resetting and/or logging out and in again? You never know.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #123
DanT
Connoisseur
DanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo
I have the light problem at the lowest setting.
The lowest setting is lower than before. I always kept the light at the lowest setting with the 2.4. After updagrading to 2.5 I could go to the light setting and lower futher the light by pressing the little brightness icon. If I press the light off hard button It will turn off and not turn back on unless I set it back to the 2nd lowest setting.

EDIT:I had the freeze 100% download and had to reset bug while updating. So disregard my comment about 2.4 setting light higher than 2.5 since it might just have been after reset.

I still have the same problem at lowest light with 2.5. After turning the light off it doesn't come back on. Tried several power cycle and normal soft reset

Last edited by DanT; 04-18-2013 at 11:03 PM.
DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #124
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Meeera,

Have you tried it in a book, not just on the Home page? When I first updated I thought mine was fine as the button worked while I was on the home screen, but in a book I had the same problem of the light button not working once I had turned the light off while on the lowest setting as others did.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #125
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Meeera,

Have you tried it in a book, not just on the Home page? .
I had only tried it in a book! Just tried it on the home page, and it worked for me there too.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #126
TechniSol
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Go figure... Thanks.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #127
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Aha! After happily reading on and off since the update, I'm now replicating the lowest-brightness-light-doesn't-turn-back-on buglet*, straight after adding several books with Calibre.

[* what are we gonna call this for short?]
Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #128
TechniSol

The Light Button Bug? Hardly has the nice ring to it that... "The Satan Bug" did.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #129
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I just upgraded my Kobo Touch to 2.5. But the navigation links still don't work consistently, both on ebooks I have designed and on ebook boughts from Kobo. I have checked the ebooks on my Sony and iPad, and the links work perfectly well on these readers.

Is there anything I can do the get the links to work? It's absolutely basic level stuff.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:01 AM   #130
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
The Light Button Bug? Hardly has the nice ring to it that... "The Satan Bug" did.
It's not just the light button, though - it's on unsleeping, too. LowLight Bug?

Weird that it only happened to me after a Calibre connect, though. And, update: I just let it sit in sleep for half an hour or so, and when I picked it up just now, the light's coming on happily again. It's obviously not a massive dealbreaker bug, just a minor annoyance for those of us who use the lowest setting routinely, but it definitely would be nice if it was fixed!

Last edited by meeera; 04-19-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #131
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Looks like 2.5 is still a little green...

There is a display bug with 2.4.0: when the paragraph next page is toooo loong, you experience a page break before at any place on the page.

Does somebody knows if this bug has been eradicated with the incoming 2.5?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #132
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
There is a display bug with 2.4.0: when the paragraph next page is toooo loong, you experience a page break before at any place on the page.
Still there in 2.5.0. I just happened to be reading a book that had looonngg paragraphs when 2.5.0 came out. It was the first thing I noticed when I started reading with it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:08 AM   #133
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Still there in 2.5.0. I just happened to be reading a book that had looonngg paragraphs when 2.5.0 came out. It was the first thing I noticed when I started reading with it.
Thanks for your reply. So, I'll wait for 2.6.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:22 AM   #134
Raduz
Raduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheese

Device: PRS-505, Kobo Glo
New Glo bought two days ago, updated to 2.5.0 over a cable, having same problem with the light as everybody else describes. In addition, does anybody else notice the light does flicker a bit when on lowest setting and you turn a page? If I raise light intensity a notch, it's good and steady. I don't really care that much, as I prefer to read with the backlight off and using a classical table lamp, I'm just interested if anybody else has experienced this, or if it's just my eyes (or my device)?
Raduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:45 AM   #135
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
I've just updated my Glo to 2.5.0 via WIFI and it went without a hitch.

I notice in the release notes that it says fixed layout epubs are now supported. Has anyone tried this to see how well it works? I don't think I've ever come across a fixed layout epub.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote