Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #31
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscsh View Post
anyway to upgrade from v1 to v2 without delete all my data & apps?
new install all the apps is a painful way

or how can i only update the new service & kernel?
App Backup and Restore and Titanium Backup both work well. Titanium is a little more complex but will backup your data too.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #32
chriscsh
chriscsh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
App Backup and Restore and Titanium Backup both work well. Titanium is a little more complex but will backup your data too.
thanks your advice
chriscsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 03:13 AM   #33
Don_Karnage
Enthusiast
Don_Karnage began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360 , kobo glo
if anyone find a way to resize the dualboot androidv2 .img under windows or to share a smaller one, im sure lot of people gonna be happy.
thank you
Don_Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #34
chriscsh
chriscsh began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Karnage View Post
if anyone find a way to resize the dualboot androidv2 .img under windows or to share a smaller one, im sure lot of people gonna be happy.
thank you
are u mean to resize the img from am9?
why not only add the dual boot file to MarekGibek's ori one
that work for me
chriscsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #35
JPG
JPG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscsh View Post
why not only add the dual boot file to MarekGibek's ori one
that work for me
Hi can you describe how to do this on a windows pc?

thanks
JPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #36
wen1012
wen1012 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
You can do that easy if you have rooted smartphone or tablet.
wen1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #37
Don_Karnage
Enthusiast
Don_Karnage began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360 , kobo glo
yes, then for those wich dont have any smarphone or tablet ?? could anyone upload a dual boot img ?
i tried several way under windows.. no success ... even with my glo i have writing permition denied ...
thanks.
Don_Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #38
JPG

I loaded paragon ExtFS on my windows PC and could access the linux partitons on the sd card
I wrote the 2014-08-07_Android_Kobo_Touch_public.img to my 16G SD card with USB Duplicator Image Writer.exe

I coppied the files in Android System.dualboot.tar.bz2 to the android system partition

It gets stuck in a boot loop
The memory test runs and then reboots

What did I do wrong?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #39
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPG View Post
I loaded paragon ExtFS on my windows PC and could access the linux partitons on the sd card
I wrote the 2014-08-07_Android_Kobo_Touch_public.img to my 16G SD card with USB Duplicator Image Writer.exe

I coppied the files in Android System.dualboot.tar.bz2 to the android system partition

It gets stuck in a boot loop
The memory test runs and then reboots

What did I do wrong?
If you copied the files from the System.dualboot.tar.bz2 found on the first post of this thread, then I must tell you that AFAIK it works with the original version of MarekGibek's image for the Kobo Glo.
I did tried it once with the newer image (still on Glo), but it didn't work.
I haven't pursuit it any more cause I didn't want to reconfigure the hole system to my liking again (it takes time...)
I just copied the Kobo Service_v2.0.apk for the better USB support.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #40
JPG

Tried on the touch image and no luck

Can anyone post a working v2 dual boot image for touch?
Old 09-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #41
masterjet
masterjet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
ICS or newer android version

Hi Marek, I'm very impressed by you work on the Kobodroid. Thanks for the hard work!
Is it possible to port kobodroid to newer version of android like 4.0.4?
masterjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #42
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
I wonder if it would be possible to use Text to Speach with a Kobo Glo once Android is installed.
Though there is no earphone jack, wouldn't it be possible to use a wifi or usb earphone or some other device, even a PC to listen to books from, let's say FBreader so you can read and listen at the same time?
Regards.
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #43
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by zufre View Post
I wonder if it would be possible to use Text to Speach with a Kobo Glo once Android is installed.
Though there is no earphone jack, wouldn't it be possible to use a wifi or usb earphone or some other device, even a PC to listen to books from, let's say FBreader so you can read and listen at the same time?
Regards.
I was thinking about it once. And yes, technically it is totally possible to write virtual sound card driver that will communicate through wifi with PC. It is not really hard to do but I am not aware of any existing solution.

On the other hand, it may be better to run some kind of remote desktop server software (like VNC) on your PC (or even on your phone!) and the client on the kobo. With wifi tethering on your phone it would be mobile solution, hehe Pretty crazy solution!
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #44
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterjet View Post
Hi Marek, I'm very impressed by you work on the Kobodroid. Thanks for the hard work!
Is it possible to port kobodroid to newer version of android like 4.0.4?
Everything is possible but remember that iMX507 processor is missing GPU. That may be a problem for some software designed for Android 4.0+.

Fortunately, Android 2.3.4 is pretty good for eInk. Almost every ebook reader or web browser works with it.

There are other e-Ink devices with Android 4.0:
https://onyx-boox.com/shop/onyx-boox...id4-bloetooth/
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...-runs-android/
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #45
rapzzard
rapzzard began at the beginning.

I couldn't run play store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle View Post
Marek and all, Thank you for all of your help. I got the play store to work by copying /data/system/accounts.db from my v1 build and putting in the right spot on v2. Then, I did have to enable all the google services especially framework and gmail services.
I overwrited /data/system/accounts.db and ran google play store, but it didn't worked.
Please let me know how to enable google services.

Best regards,
rapzzard is offline   Reply With Quote