Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
Raja1205
Raja1205 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Why Text content Overlaps on Floated Images in iBooks?

Hi,

I have created a sample ePub with CSS image floating style (Ex: img {float:left;}) and loaded into the iBooks (version 2.1.1).

Floating of "Image and text" displays well but in most of the occurrences "text content" overlaps on the floated images when increasing/decreasing the font size (zoom in/zoom out). Screenshots attached for your reference.

I have used the following CSS code for image floating:

CSS code:
---------
img{
float:left;
padding:0em 1.5em 1.5em 0em;
clear:both;
}

I am wondering, how this issue happens on iBooks because iBooks is the best ePub reading system from Apple.

Is it "iBooks" issue or CSS code issue?

Note: The same ePub sample displays well in all other ePub reading system (Example: Adobe Digital Edition, Calibre, etc.)

Could someone help me to solve this problem? Also advise how to identify the 100% zoom level in iBooks.

Thanks in advance for suggestions and help.

Regards,
Raja. S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Text overlaps on Image_Before_Zoom-in.png
Views:	252
Size:	407.3 KB
ID:	91962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Text reflows properly_After_Zoom-in.png
Views:	241
Size:	387.8 KB
ID:	91963  
Raja1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I don't have the answer - it happens with some of the ebooks I've designed also. But there has been a thread on the ePub forum in which someone said he had the answer.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Better go to the Apple store!
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote