Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
Trilobite
Trilobite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Problem with email delivery?

Hi There

I am using Calibre to 0.7.24

When I try and use it to email documents via my gmail account I get a strange error (see below)

This also happens when I do a test from preferences. The gmail account itself is fine and works fine if I manually login with the same password.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\send_email.py", line 108, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 96, in sendmail
File "smtplib.py", line 295, in connect
File "smtplib.py", line 273, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 514, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Log:
Trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Trilobite

Help should arrive shortly,......when you've gotten your problem sorted, come and introduce yourself.

Feel free to use the link below.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates that most probably your connection is gong through a proxy that is refusing to forward the SMTP connection to gmail. Some ISPs delibrately block SMTP traffic, in which case there isn't anything you can do, short of some rather advanced hackery.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote