Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Just Call Me Duke

since the post count caught up with the age. at least it was when i wrote this. who knows when you read this.

i read. big surprise there. lots of books, many large and awkward to move about so i spend a large amount of time at home. i have been able to get a lot of them in electric form and put a lot of them on the sony reader. this allows me to get out more often than before as it rains a lot here and the first order is to protect the books. kinda like asimov's three or four laws for robots.

it is funny that the avataqr does look a lot like me. again this is at the time this is written. the future will chage. i may change the avatar or i will age. either way the avatar and i will grow apart.

so good wishes and all that. pour anothe coffee and enjoy anothe good cigar. life is for living and enjoyment. everything in excess.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I'll be 50 next week and yes life is for enjoyment. It's crazy that many thing won't let you enjoy it peacefully. I guess first in line is oneself.

Cheers Duke!

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 03-30-2007 at 04:02 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I'm in the club too. Guess we are a bunch of technogeezers.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Happy Birthday in advance Yvan.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Thanks LG!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

welcome to middle age.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke
since the post count caught up with the age. at least it was when i wrote this. who knows when you read this.
<snip>
*Envisioning the time when UncleDuke's post count is in the 200s or 500s*
*Ruminating about people mistaking UncleDuke for Lazarus Long*
*Wondering when Connect or Baen will publish some of Heinlein's Future History...*
*Signing off to go eat dinner*
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts

well the post count is near 200 now and the only major change was i did get a beret to cover the spot on the top of the head so i do look even more like the avatar

still enjoy a good cigar, a good cup of joe, and a good book