Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #33661
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Installing Windows 8 Beta on a spare laptop. Watching paint dry would be as much fun...
Oh, but paint is also PRETTY!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #33662
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Oh, but paint is also PRETTY!
True, true.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #33663
SandyHarper
Banned
SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: kindle
checking my emails and browsing the discussion forums.
SandyHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #33664
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Trying to get the office mascot (The cutest Dalmation named Cody) to keep his nose out of my garbage. He pushed me out of the way 4 times now trying to get my granola bar wrapper.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #33665
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Going to mow my lawn. I would rather take care of the Dalmation though.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #33666
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Stopping in my hotel room in London. Good job I wasn't planning on a spot of cat-swinging
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #33667
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
I don't know about this one. He's on some serious medication and it's making him crazy for food. If he can reach it, he's eating it .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #33668
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Trying to get the office mascot (The cutest Dalmation named Cody) to keep his nose out of my garbage. He pushed me out of the way 4 times now trying to get my granola bar wrapper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
My ex-daughter in-law brought a Dalmatian over for us to watch for a few days. The dog was okay except during feeding times, when it wanted all the food. Although I fed them in separate dishes, it kept attacking the pit bull we had at the time for his food.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #33669
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I don't know about this one. He's on some serious medication and it's making him crazy for food. If he can reach it, he's eating it .
Poor thing. Lyca, my previous part-time dog, got serious munchies every time she got medicine (prednisolon I think) when her tumour got bigger. During the nights she would even raid the litter box of the cat if you weren't careful. What worked best is when I gave her her food not all at once in the morning, normally she would take all day to eat it, but spread it out over the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
My ex-daughter in-law brought a Dalmatian over for us to watch for a few days. The dog was okay except during feeding times, when it wanted all the food. Although I fed them in separate dishes, it kept attacking the pit bull we had at the time for his food.
That Daltmatian must have been somehow related to Nikita. We had give Lexie her food on the dining table so we could keep an eye on it otherwise she would chase away Lexie and eat everything.

Since Nikita has died Lexie has become a totally different cat. She finally gained weight, looking like a grown cat instead of a kitten. She's also become very affectionate and lately very bossy.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #33670
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Memo to self:

A day filled with thunderstorms, heavy rain, and moving cold fronts - that you know will trigger your migraines - is not a really good day to pick up your new prescription in transitional bifocal lenses - and try to adapt to them.

OW!

Off to sit in a dark room for a while ...

Sigh ....

Is there an emoticon for a headache? Or blurry eyes?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #33671
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Hoping that the shipment that came in yesterday isn't big. With the predicted rain this morning, rain showers early afternoon and heavy rain and thunder for later this afternoon and evening I'm not expecting it to be busy in the store today. With other chores done besides checking, tagging and putting away Monday's and yesterday's shipment I'm hoping I can spend some quality time with my Kindle
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #33672
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Memo to self:

A day filled with thunderstorms, heavy rain, and moving cold fronts - that you know will trigger your migraines - is not a really good day to pick up your new prescription in transitional bifocal lenses - and try to adapt to them.

OW!

Sigh ....

Oh no! I hope that you are feeling better soon. I get migraines as well, and a new prescription for my glasses always triggers a headache for me. I hope that you are able to get some rest.

I'm waiting for the cake that I made for my father-in-law's birthday to cool off, so that I can frost it. It smells great, I can't wait to taste it later on today! I think I'll read while I wait.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #33673
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Memo to self:

OW!

Sigh ....

I'm feeling a bit crappy, too. Woke up with a sore throat for three days straight. Still, I'll take that any day over one of your migraines. I wish I had a magic pill to offer you.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #33674
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
all for your kind thoughts. I made it through the headache & lens breaking-in period .... my Kindle is a life saver - I can increase the text size to read without eye strain until I adjust to the new lens. I worship the inventors of eInk screens - the ONLY screen you can bear to look at while suffering from a headache.

Tom - there's a summer "bug" going around here too - sore throat, congestion, aches, etc. I've avoided it .... so far!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #33675
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Poohbear, are these the lenses that don't have the bifocal line on them? The new style?

I tried to get used to them 5 years ago and couldn't handle it. Then I was told they had reduced the distortion from the peripheral view last year and tried again, but still with no success. I have to stick with the old style bifocals, and that's getting harder and harder to find in the photochromic glass...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?